Kia Owners Club Forum banner
341 - 358 of 358 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Gents, used a tube of this to seriously lube the four doors and roof today.
Coated all five. With the roof I did the seals as far as I could with it both fully back and tilted.

In short, I still love the car, but if I can’t find a way to cure the roof creaks soon, it will be gone…….

Will report back 🤞
Publication Font Health care Service Rectangle

·
Registered
845 Posts
Let us know. I have a tube of some kind of grease which I've used before too - it's not the same as that though, but it was one which apparently doesn't eat rubber! I probably need to reapply.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Guys, the lube has made little or no difference, I’m sorry to say.

The Stinger’s days with me are numbered. A great shame, but the rattles / creaks and repeated trips to the dealer have finally got to me.

To be honest, my dealer has done their best, damaged rear wheels aside, but to be on first name terms with four of their staff isn’t how it should be…….

·
Registered
Stinger GTS '17 (Ceramic Grey, Red Napa Leather)
19 Posts
Sorry to hear that mate. I can just about hear the creaks come back in mine. It's a real shame! Not sure Kia will do anything about it...

·
Registered
642 Posts
Sorry to hear that mate. I can just about hear the creaks come back in mine. It's a real shame! Not sure Kia will do anything about it...
Thanks mate. I don’t think Kia can do anything. Even if they replace the roof, the new one would probably creak. It’s a design issue I think.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Yes, agree. I don't think I'm going to mention it to the dealer again. To be honest, I think there is more chance of them making it worse, or damaging something else than there is fixing it.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Update on roof. I spent some time with lubricant applying to all the seals on the doors and roof, and while doing that I noticed that some of the star torque screws were a bit loose. So, I've tightened all the screws that I can access, and I think, so far it's helped The lube seems to have got rid of most of the creaking, and the rattle has gone. Might be worth checking your roof for loose screws - on mine there was a section of metal at the front which I could move about if pushed it (which made a noise) before I tightened it up.

It's not definitive yet though as I need to test the car at different temperatures and weathers first, but so far so good.

·
Registered
845 Posts
It's fine. It's not so bad that I need to sell the car like you (although I understand there were other factors too), and sometimes it is silent. I can put up with it. The be fair, based on the WBAC valuation, the car has only cost be £218 per month to own so far and at that price, it must be the best value car on the planet - I can put up with a some minor noises! :)

Does the 530e have a sunroof? :eek:

·
Registered
642 Posts
It's fine. It's not so bad that I need to sell the car like you (although I understand there were other factors too), and sometimes it is silent. I can put up with it. The be fair, based on the WBAC valuation, the car has only cost be £218 per month to own so far and at that price, it must be the best value car on the planet - I can put up with a some minor noises! :)

Does the 530e have a sunroof? :eek:
Ha, no, the 530E certainly doesn’t have a sunroof! It is consequently the quietest car in the world - so far 🤞 It’s only Day 1.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Did the roof always rattle? Or it develop over time?

Fortunately, mine is quiet (I certainly cannot hear any issues, done 25k). I assume it’s pot luck?

·
Registered
845 Posts
It was a creak initially - I noticed it on day one. The doors do it too. It can be helped by using some lubrication on the rubber. The rattle, is more intermittent, but has also always done it as far as I can remember.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I do need to try lubing everything up on mine. The creaks and rattles are constant and when I have other people in the car I turn the radio up to hide it so nobody points it out.

I don't think you can add videos on here can you? I have a video of mine on a particularly hot day, also going over a shocking road and the roof was so loud it genuinely sounded like hailstones bouncing off it. If the rest of the car wasn't so perfect it would do my head in but I don't want the dealer to get their paws all over it and potentially damage my paint that I spent a good chunk of money on for a full paint correction and ceramic coating.

·
Registered
845 Posts
I could try and get creaking when it happens again - Not sure if the phone would pick it up or not. To me, it sounds like leather creaking (that's what I thought it was initially). The sunroof rattle is pretty quiet, so again, not sure I would be able to catch it!

·
Registered
642 Posts
I do need to try lubing everything up on mine. The creaks and rattles are constant and when I have other people in the car I turn the radio up to hide it so nobody points it out.

I don't think you can add videos on here can you? I have a video of mine on a particularly hot day, also going over a shocking road and the roof was so loud it genuinely sounded like hailstones bouncing off it. If the rest of the car wasn't so perfect it would do my head in but I don't want the dealer to get their paws all over it and potentially damage my paint that I spent a good chunk of money on for a full paint correction and ceramic coating.
This is exactly where I was a year ago. Ultimately, I gave up and moved on. Such a shame.

341 - 358 of 358 Posts