Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would you like to see on this site? Have we missed something off?

Please feel free to let me know!

thanks
Dan!

·
Registered
38 Posts
HI Dan

Is there any better ways of you advertising as this seems to be the only Kia owners site out there. It might be good to try and advertise and spread the word.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Andy,

My grand plan is to finish all the content on the site, info for each model etc. then promote it a lot more.

I hope to start advertising throughout December so please keep checking back!

thanks
Dan

·
Registered
12 Posts
Come on Members

The only way a site like this gets interesting if members participate and not just view.
other car club sites I have been a member of covers everything from places to go- best service deals- parts -sale of parts- faults-hints- upgrades etc etc.
I just cannot believe that people join just to view messages without contributing, there is absolutely no reason I can think of for joining otherwise.

Ok I am a newbie here but have taken very active parts with other groups, some of which have arranged meets where members can chat face to face.

Hopefully this may spur some more posts,looking foreward to reading and replying to them with some ideas possibly

Realspeed

Edited by: realspeed

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Dan - some advertising will definately help you out mate. Pity Kia is still trying to crack the UK market so the numbers are still low, the Ceed should help with that (once the supply problems are sorted out).

Keep up the good work and hang on in there. If you build it - they will come... eventually

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi How about a parts page covering <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
E.g. Secondhand, Tow Bars, wheels, body parts (for Kia!!! Not human
) & a how to page if you need to change some thing that is inawkward to get at you know we all have had that problem?
Where to get the best secondhand parts from is there any one braking Kia's.
I need a back spoiler for my 03 Sedona any one got one?
I hope this helps

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi Dan, and all my fellow members.......
How about a dedicated photo section, maybe a club approved flyer that we members could leave on other Kia's when we see them parked up, or maybe we could ask our local Kia dealers to give the flyers out to new owners.......if you create a downloadable pdf file then we could pint off flyers as needed.....

How about a links section where we can post dealer/parts suppliers info.....

Would you like to promote the club with "club stickers" that we can put on our cars (with the www. addy on)

I know of a good supplier who already provides all types of high quality stickers/stripe kits for other clubs..........

If i can help in any way just give me a shout........atb. jamie

·
Registered
100 Posts
Another thought........
Is it possible to add a function that allows users to post polls.

This is quite popular onother forums.....

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi,
Thanks for all the suggestions! I can tell you want to keep me busy over the next few months
!

I've now added the facility to create and vote in Polls and this should be enabled for every forum.

I like the idea for a club flyer and car sticker - leave this with me and I'll see what I can do! If you could also supply me with your suppliers details that would be great!

I've already been in communication with a parts supplier, I can tell you there is not many about! So I'll see what we can do.

Thanks!

Dan

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi Dan, well done with the poll option......will have to give that a go soon

I have just had a couple of pens made up by a company called vistaprint, just waiting for them to arrive (will prob be a couple of weeks) will post a piccie when they turn up, see what you think.

The company that produce stickers for the ST club are called DMB Graphics.....

e-mail: [email protected]

phone:01527 574666

mobile: 07887 802726

fax: 01527575057

They are really helpful and seem keen to be involved with clubs/forums.

Hope this helps, and dont forget.....just let me know if i can be of any help.....jamie

P.S. keep up the good work, it's really appreciated

·
Registered
3 Posts
_popupControl();
Hi Jamie,

I do not know if my reply to you go to the forum,'cause I cannot find it. It was about mp3 players. any way your reply to me was a great help and I have found the go gear on the Phillips web site but I can not gather wiether it can be rechaged by the usb. I love the car 1600 sw diesel, the colour isenglish pewter.

lynlewis

·
Registered
100 Posts
lynlewis said:
_popupControl(); Hi Jamie,

I do not know if my reply to you go to the forum,'cause I cannot find it. It was about mp3 players. any way your reply to me was a great help and I have found the go gear on the Phillips web site but I can not gather wiether it can be rechaged by the usb. I love the car 1600 sw diesel, the colour isenglish pewter.

lynlewis
Hi again Lyn, the philips go gear does definately charge whilst connected to the usb port

Also, i have discovered whilstfiddling with my player in the car that if you put each album on the player in separate folders you can then select which album to listen to by using the buttons marked with a large single arrow on the head unit.....result

Glad to hear you are very happy with SW....is that the colour that looks like silver with a goldish tint, if so thats one of my fave colours.

Weoriginaly spoke in the pro_cee'd section under a post by zttman.

Dont hesitate to ask me for any other info, if i can help i will. all the best. jamie.
Edited by: goldfish66

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi again Dan,
Firstly please can you move Lynlewis' post and my reply above to a more suitable topic/new topic. Thanks.

Secondly, as promised here is a piccie of the pens i got from vista-print.

The printing is the same on all 3 pens, i have just arranged them to show it all in one go....if you follow my drift.

Sorry for the poor quality of the piccie, but i'm a lousy photographer and the flash kept spoiling the pic. Anyway, let me know what you think........jamie.

if you want a bigger copy of the piccie let me know, as i've just realized its pretty unreadable here.

Edited by: goldfish66

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi all
What about a sticky at the top of each model section that lists known issues and fixes. This would help newbies diagnose faults and resolve them quickly. Also, a How To section that aids people with doing day-to-day maintenance or issues they've just diagnosed using the previous section

1 - 14 of 14 Posts