Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
I have been deliberating whether to upgrade the dipped beambulbs on my Soul echo! My first question is, has anyone tried these bulbs or not and if so what was the general impression as far as improved visibilty? The ones I've seen are ring xenonultima and are meant to be 120% brighter than standard bulbs! Also assuming they are worth while can someone just confirm if it's H4 or H7's that are required for dipped beam as I've had some conflicting results using some of the 'online' bulb finder software!

Comments appreciated as always, sorry to hear you're soon to be Soul less too anchorman! Hope you still lurk on here whilst not sorting out the boys and girls on the Rav4 site!!

Cheers

Paul.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Just to add I would check all prices of the above bulbs on ebay as you will probably find them cheaper than autobulbsdirect

·
Registered
283 Posts
I have fitted some moderately uprated bulbs to mine (allegedly 50% brighter but I suspect it depends on how that is measured). I can assure you they are H4s on my Soul.

I would beware of fitting upgrades that are too bright as road signs become very uncomfortable to look at in the dark.

·
Registered
35 Posts
You will also need to make sure the bulbs you are using are marked for road legal as many are not and if you get caught it would mean a fine and probably points as you would be driving a car that isnt road legal. Look for the markings EC37

·
Registered
Picanto 1.0T GDi GT-Line
1,210 Posts
If you want to try first for little money Aldi's are currently selling 2 xH4 Xenon 60/55 watt bulbs (50% brighter) for £3.99. Bought some today and they are good.

Phil

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just to say that I ended up going for the Ring xenon Ultima 120's for under £20 quid delivered on Ebay and they really do throw out a lot more light than the standard bulbs! Might be worth othersconsidering with winter nowupon us?!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts