Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like it but am not keen on yellow, looks like i will have to put my plans of buying the new CEED on hold for a while.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Posted by - gdh300 on the digital dash (in another thread)

That's going to put £1000 on the showroom price by itself!

·
Registered
386 Posts
Just seen the articles about it.

The GT 1.6T (201bhp) is now one of my choices to replace my Sportage GT Line when it comes to it, dependent on the colours and prices :smile:

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think it's a very good looking car I was going to buy a CEED for the same reason in approximately 18 months when the prices started to drop but I am now gong to hold on for the Xceed peoviding the reviews for it are as good as the CEED ones have been.

Looking forward to the first video reviews in English.

·
Administrator
7,473 Posts
Sure it's nice, sure it's modern and sure its very nice in it's canary yellow.....but it ain't no Venga.

Looking at the space it offers, the Venga trumps it on boot size, rear passenger and front passenger legroom and height.

Visability is much easier in the Venga due to having front quarter glass and a taller ride height.

Yes, I'm biased as our Venga has easily dealt with everything we've asked of it, but the XCeed simply is no match for it in my humble opinion.

Paul

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I really don't like the yellow especially as it is also used on the dash, as for the Venga being a better car i rarely carry rear passengers, rarely have a anything in the boot that wouldn't fit in the Xceeds boot easily and having never owned a tall car the height isn't an issue for me it's all about the look of the car and for me the Xceed wins that one by a country mile.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think the old saying one man's ceiling is another man's floor fits here. ;)

·
Registered
272 Posts
"...Coming later will be a range-topping 201bhp 1.6-litre T-GDI petrol engine that's already been seen in the Ceed GT..."

I do hope so. And please with a manual box available.

Taken form this article on carbuyer, with details of UK prices.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So its only the top of the line "First Edition" that gets the digital dash, oh well i can live without that. ;)

·
Registered
272 Posts
Bit worried I might be on the turn, car-wise. I always thought the previous generation Mercedes GLA was a ridiculous looking thing with no benefits over the standard hatchback. Now I'm thinking a Xceed GT might be preferable to the Ceed GT hatchback. What's happened to me? Guess I might be instantly dissuaded as soon as I drive it (if it ever gets here).

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bit worried I might be on the turn, car-wise.
I like the design of the new CEED and would have gone ahead and bought one but when i first saw the front end of the Xceed i changed my mind instantly not my usual choice of car but i know i will not be disappointed.

·
Registered
447 Posts
"...Coming later will be a range-topping 201bhp 1.6-litre T-GDI petrol engine that's already been seen in the Ceed GT..."

I do hope so. And please with a manual box available.

Taken form this article on carbuyer, with details of UK prices.
Just seen the articles about it.

The GT 1.6T (201bhp) is now one of my choices to replace my Sportage GT Line when it comes to it, dependent on the colours and prices :smile:
When I read about it I was pleased I had not bought the 1.6 TGD-i Sportage. But later in that article it said that the 1.6 TGD-i would not be along until the mild revamp in 2022.

Said nothing about auto or manual.

·
Registered
272 Posts
You'll know when you're on the turn if you order a Venga. :grin:
Not on the turn that much! (no offence Venga owners :angel:).

No, after a 20+ year diet of very sensible cars, I'm not going back down that route now. That's part of the problem I have with the Ceed GT, despite the engine and the red trim, I just can't get past it being a humble five door hatch. The Proceed GT is growing on me, but I don't want the DCT. So I'm hoping for a manual Xceed with a needless 204bhp, lowered-suspension on a raised body five door hatch instead; that's quite non-sensible! :grin:

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Finally my favourite colour, why do they hold the camera so low who looks at a car from that angle.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts