Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Have just purchased a Xceed 3 PHEV in lunar silver on lease and love it so far.

I mainly use this car for business trips and have a question regarding the Daily Information trip computer, where the cluster shows your trip mileage, mpg , trip time etc.

Everytime i switch ignition off the trip computer keeps resetting. I have changed the setting to 'OFF' in the Cluster menu to prevent this , but to no avail. Its very frustrating for me as i record my daily mileage for business purposes. I know there is an accumulated trip on another menu, but i like to use to see how many miles i do on the tank of fuel/battery.

Is it a bug or am i missing something? All the previous Kia i have owned never used to do this -and i've had a few!

Can anyone help please? :)

·
Registered
249 Posts
Is this marked as Daily Trip Information or Drive information.

If this is the Drive information, it is not a daily total just the total for the last drive, it resets after the car hasn't been used for I think 4 hours.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Sportage GT-Line CRDi
1,860 Posts
There is a thread on the Sportage section on this very subject.
Basically there is an Accumulated Trip readout and then a Drive Information readout. The Accumulated Trip is what it says, but can be manually reset. The Drive Information resets to zero if the car isn't moved for 4 hours. On the Sportage there is an Off, When Driving and When Refuelling, however this refers to the Fuel Economy readout, which a seperate readout that has bar that varies as you are driving and shows an average MPG.
I would suggest it is probably the same on the XCeed, have a look in Section 4 of your handbook.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi all thanks for replies

yes it’s definitely the Drive Information display and it does hold information for any amount of time when you turn ignition off, it resets every single time, even if you restart after 30 seconds.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Sportage GT-Line CRDi
1,860 Posts

yes it’s definitely the Drive Information display and it does hold information for any amount of time when you turn ignition off, it resets every single time, even if you restart after 30 seconds.
That is certainly a shorter time than on my Sportage. I don't know if it last the 4 hours, but it certainly last a few hours, long enough for me to take an end of day reading if I want.

·
Registered
436 Posts

I swapped my Sportage for an Xceed yesterday, and it's exactly the same as you describe. The handbook says the Drive Information will reset after 4 hours but in reality it resets every time I switch off. Have yet to find any options for Auto Reset that are mentioned in the manual, but I'll keep digging.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
My xceed phev is the same, day trip computer resets each time I turn the ignition off which is very annoying.
One other thing I noticed different to what the manual states, is that my car shows engine temperature instead of gearbox temperature. Can any of you check your cars and let me know what is displayed - engine or gearbox temp?

·
Registered
436 Posts
My xceed phev is the same, day trip computer resets each time I turn the ignition off which is very anoying.
One other thing I noticed different to what the manual states, is that my car shows engine temperature instead of gearbox temperature. Can any of you check your cars and let me know what is displayed - engine or gearbox temp?
My Sportage used to show both, on separate displays, I cannot find Transmission Temperature on the Xceed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts