Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon, I have just purchased a new XCeed and I can’t seem to be able to split the centre screen into only 2 sections I’m sure it will split into 3 but as much as I try and scroll the manual I cannot do it
The one I test drove was definitely split into 3
Help please

·
Registered
637 Posts
Good afternoon, I have just purchased a new XCeed and I can’t seem to be able to split the centre screen into only 2 sections I’m sure it will split into 3 but as much as I try and scroll the manual I cannot do it
The one I test drove was definitely split into 3
Help please
I might be able to help you there. There may be a quicker and more efficient way but if with ‘Media’ selected, click on the 3 small bars at the top of the screen which will bring up a display menu. Split Screen is a Tick Box option on the left hand side.

Having done that, press the Setup button, followed by Display and you will find the list of options you can display in the third part of the screen. Tick all, or whichever one(s) you want. Voila.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for getting back to me, I did everything you said but still only split into 2 . I can swipe the right hand screen to have , weather ,compass , clock etc but the rest of the screen will only be one what I press ie map, radio etc

·
Registered
637 Posts
Thank you for getting back to me, I did everything you said but still only split into 2 . I can swipe the right hand screen to have , weather ,compass , clock etc but the rest of the screen will only be one what I press ie map, radio etc
But, if you are using the Nav or Media, dependent upon what is going on it will switch automatically into 3 screen mode’.

If navigating with the map on the left and the right hand screen displaying clock, or whatever, when you come to your next instruction, the large map will divide in 2, leaving the right hand screen untroubled. You will have your overview of the map on the left with a ‘close up’ of the approaching junction in the centre.

In Media mode it does similar, showing, for example, your Nav map on the right, and 2 Media screens on the left.

It baffled and confounded me for a while because the instructions are rubbish, but I got there in the end

·
Super Moderator
6,224 Posts
I take it you have the 10.25 screen

What colour is your head unit?
Black & White = 3 split screen (Type 1)
Purple = 2 split screen (Type 2)

If you have purple you can not get 3 sections, nor can you go back to black/white.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for your reply, when you say head unit do you mean the colour ? Mine is black , I had a test drive in the same model before purchasing and that was definitely in 3 the problem is I live in Spain and when I’m trying to explain to the dealership they are looking at me daft , I purchased a 2021 XCeed tech auto diesel hybrid

·
Registered
637 Posts
I take it you have the 10.25 screen

What colour is your head unit?
Black & White = 3 split screen (Type 1)
Purple = 2 split screen (Type 2)

If you have purple you can not get 3 sections, nor can you go back to black/white.

I don’t know what I’m doing wrong then, but I have the ‘purple’ Type 2 display and I can quite clearly see 3 screens. Mind you, it hasn’t been updated since new in April.

I can’t demonstrate the 3 small Nav screens I refer to above, as it only happens whilst I am driving, but the 2 images below suggest, to me, that there is a small screen on the left, another on the right and then a third in the centre which varies according to the display being used.

I apologise for the pics, it’s dark out now and the camera wasn’t happy without a flash.

‘Purple’ does not refer to the colour of the physical unit, but elements of the display, such as the Volume bar, and others.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mine is like the bottom photo just the two way split
I will check in the morning regarding the colour

·
Registered
637 Posts
Mine is like the bottom photo just the two way split
I will check in the morning regarding the colour
As I said, if you actually using the Nav, the middle portion of the screen will change, but I can’t provide a picture of that and drive. It only happens while the car is in motion, and the Nav active (following a route, not just displaying the map)

Whilst in my view that constitutes 3 screens, I have yet to find a way to use them for 3 different functions at the same time, it seems that depending on how you set it up one will always use 2 of the screens, and the other the third.

Hope this helps

·
Super Moderator
6,224 Posts
@Alanw47
That top screen you show is just a single screen on USB music. Not a split screen. Unlike your 2nd picture.

@Gray4850 The colour is what you get on the home screen & the menus.

Gadget Font Display device Communication Device Output device

·
Registered
637 Posts
@Alanw47
That top screen you show is just a single screen on USB music. Not a split screen. Unlike your 2nd picture.

@Gray4850 The colour is what you get on the home screen & the menus.

View attachment 12124
We’ll have to agree to disagree on that one. There is a distinct vertical line 1 third in from the left hand side exactly the same as the one on the right hand side of the other picture., plus as I said before, if using the Nav over the left hand 2 thirds of the screen it will split itself into 2 on the approach to the next turning or whatever, leaving the clock/media/whatever on the right hand side undisturbed, but it only happens when the car is in motion so I can’t easily photograph it.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Yes mine is purple, so does that mean I cannot split it into 3 ?
As far as I know when the software was updated to the ‘purple’ Type 2, it did away with the ability to display 3 widgets simultaneously. I can’t speak for anybody else’s system but as far asI am concerned mine displays 2 widgets simultaneously across 3 screens, one using 2 screens, but I think we can all agree that 3 widgets has gone down to 2. I will try to get a photo of what I’m referring to in daylight tomorrow. If the dealer updated the software when you bought the car that will probably explain how you remember the screen being split into 3. The date of the last update should be displayed on the appropriate screen.

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
We’ll have to agree to disagree on that one. There is a distinct vertical line 1 third in from the left hand side exactly the same as the one on the right hand side of the other picture., plus as I said before, if using the Nav over the left hand 2 thirds of the screen it will split itself into 2 on the approach to the next turning or whatever, leaving the clock/media/whatever on the right hand side undisturbed, but it only happens when the car is in motion so I can’t easily photograph it.
This is pretty much what happens on my Niro (18-plate). It has the 8" screen but on approach to a roundabout/interchange it will add a second window with the detail of the junction enlarged and the route clearly shown. I, of course, don't have the benefit of a second window while in non-satnav mode. The 10.2" screen has the room for the second window on a permanent basis.

Reactions: Alanw47

·
Registered
637 Posts
Thank you for all your help
You’re welcome,

As promised, the picture of the screen clearly split into 3, although I do accept that it’s only using 2 widgets. Personally I don’t find that a problem as I come from a car that could only display 1, but I guess if you’re used to displaying 3 it might be regarded as a step backwards.

Hope it helps

1 - 17 of 17 Posts