Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I purchased a 2021 MY with a new 1.5 Turbo petrol engine and top-spec trim. I just love the car - I traded in my 2016 Sportage for it.
It came on 18" wheels and I managed to hustle an extra set of winter tires from the dealer. I decided to sell the summer Conti tires it came with and got myself a beautiful set of 20" German Motec wheels. I also chose the new UUHP tire from Bridgestone - POTENZA SPORT in 235/35 R20 size.
I drove like 500km on the setup and it is a bliss of grip and handling. Comfort remained identical, which I suppose is contributed to summer tires having gentler sidewalls, and of course, the Xceed has a long suspension travel.

I was also curious about a wheel and tire difference in weight; 20" Motec + Potenza vs stock 18" + winter Bridgestone's.
SO I am also happy to say that the difference is negligible. 20" setup is 23,2 Kg and stock 18" was exactly 23 Kg on the scale per wheel. So overall I am very happy with the results. Attached are few pics right after installation.

Registered
1.5T-gdi "4" DCT Phantom Black
So I purchased a 2021 MY with a new 1.5 Turbo petrol engine and top-spec trim. I just love the car - I traded in my 2016 Sportage for it.
It came on 18" wheels and I managed to hustle an extra set of winter tires from the dealer. I decided to sell the summer Conti tires it came with and got myself a beautiful set of 20" German Motec wheels. I also chose the new UUHP tire from Bridgestone - POTENZA SPORT in 235/35 R20 size.
I drove like 500km on the setup and it is a bliss of grip and handling. Comfort remained identical, which I suppose is contributed to summer tires having gentler sidewalls, and of course, the Xceed has a long suspension travel.

I was also curious about a wheel and tire difference in weight; 20" Motec + Potenza vs stock 18" + winter Bridgestone's.
SO I am also happy to say that the difference is negligible. 20" setup is 23,2 Kg and stock 18" was exactly 23 Kg on the scale per wheel. So overall I am very happy with the results. Attached are few pics right after installation.

View attachment 9699 View attachment 9700 View attachment 9701 View attachment 9702
Wow! They look fantastic 馃憤馃徎

Registered
2021 XCeed 3 1.6 CRDI ISG MHEV in Phantom Black
What's it like on 20" rims? Mine is on the standard 18" and suffers a bit with tramlining if you try to push it in Sport mode.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What's it like on 20" rims? Mine is on the standard 18" and suffers a bit with tramlining if you try to push it in Sport mode.
I noticed that myself from day one. I wonder if it can be optimized with some additional wheel alignment setup. But to answer your question - the tramlining remains the same on the 20" setup.

Registered
I am going to talk to the dealer about it as I wonder if the front dampers are too soft, had cause to brake to a rapid stop on the motorway recently the front nose dived heavily. I have also learned to turn off lane assist when not on the motorway.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am going to talk to the dealer about it as I wonder if the front dampers are too soft, had cause to brake to a rapid stop on the motorway recently the front nose dived heavily. I have also learned to turn off lane assist when not on the motorway.
Well, don't forget that this is still a crossover vehicle. Although the roof is lower - it actually has identical ground clearance as KIA Sportage - 17cm of ground clearance, so those suspension components have quite a long travel. So it's not to expect a go-kart feeling - it does dive and squat at the limit - on the other hand, it is incredibly smooth; smoother than my previously owned Sportage on those same wheels on bumps and road imperfections. I think it is a great compromise in all regards and personally, I love it. If you would like less dive etc - try installing Eibach springs to lower it and then harder dampers if that isn't enough, but be prepared for harsher ride. There are manufacturers who are capable of making suspension components sportier but still compliant - but you have to fork out quite a lot of money for such product. I think KW is the best one out there if you can afford it.

Registered
Thanks, it's not like I am a 'sporty' driver and pretty impressed with the performance in Eco mode and doing stretches in sailing mode. It just feels very soft in comparison to the car I traded in, a 13 yr old Toyota Auris with 160k. Don't get me wrong, I love the car, love the look of it and enjoy getting in and pressing the start button as it will be a lovely journey. Maybe it's getting used to a slightly longer car with bigger wheels and higher ground clearance.

Registered
I can assure you that I鈥檓 not being judgemental, I too prefer LKAS to be turned off, by I happened upon this in my insurance

Ts and Cs the other day

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.