Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a new Xceed Edition, 1.5 petrol. first time I took it out, the engine warning light came on and it cut out. Waited half an hour, no engine light, drove home, phoned Kia. Of course when they came out the engine light didn't come on at all. Mechanic says sometimes its just the computer "settling in". (!). Next tiem I took it out, engine light on again but this time on amber so I could drive it home at limited speed. Kia came and took the car back saying it seems to be a model fault as it's been happening with other. They've had the car now for 2 weeks with no sign or even an estimation of when I can get it back. They've loaned me a car but I want one of the make and model I ordered.
Has anyone else heard any rumours about a fault or am I being told a load of old cobblers?

·
Registered
Xceed phev
44 Posts
I bought a new Xceed Edition, 1.5 petrol. first time I took it out, the engine warning light came on and it cut out. Waited half an hour, no engine light, drove home, phoned Kia. Of course when they came out the engine light didn't come on at all. Mechanic says sometimes its just the computer "settling in". (!). Next tiem I took it out, engine light on again but this time on amber so I could drive it home at limited speed. Kia came and took the car back saying it seems to be a model fault as it's been happening with other. They've had the car now for 2 weeks with no sign or even an estimation of when I can get it back. They've loaned me a car but I want one of the make and model I ordered.
Has anyone else heard any rumours about a fault or am I being told a load of old cobblers?
Not heard anything of sorts. Driving Xceed phev for 6 months. No problem so far.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Teething problems on the new 1.5 engine probably

1 - 3 of 3 Posts