Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After scanning all the posts in this section, sedona, I struggled to find a positive one.

So I'm asking,

Would You Buy Another Sedona ??

Cheers

·
Registered
42 Posts
With regard to the MkI/II model, never ever ever ever.

I'm not 100% sure but I've always assumed the MkI/II was a old USA Ford minivan( called a Windstar )
http://www.vmrintl.com/reviews/reviewpics/1995-98-Ford-Windstar.jpg

They just got a mix of US/UK/JAP engines and called it their own. I think it was always cheap because there was little development cost compared to the competition.

I would like to get my finances in order later this year and I still need a ~2000kilo seven seater for use as a large caravan towcar. I can only afford an approx 3-4yr old car so if I went for a MkIII Sedona it would be the 2.9ltr which still unfortunately has the Delphi brand fuel system.

I wouldn't refuse a MkIII if it was a leather trimmed TS model and the price was right, however my favourite choice at the moment would be a first entry into 4x4'ville with a 2006> 2.2 Hyundai Santa Fe with the 7seat option. If the old shape Sorento had an extra row of rear seats then that would also be a contender.....but it falls short on this front.

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgu...mage_result&resnum=3&ct=image&ved=0CA0Q9QEwAg

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ebod, is the fuel system a delphi system on the older TDI pre 2001? and do you think you would have had as many problems ifyours wasn't a common rail deisel?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Dunno what brand of mechanical pump was on the MkI Sedona, but the problems will NOT be common as the systems are entirely different.

The one thing I have noticed though is there are loads of MkI's breaking for spares. Unless you are getting one for pin money then I'd consider something else. If I didn't need to aim for a specific vehicle kerb-weight for towing safety, then my options would be better.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I started a similar thread about a year ago when I noticed everyone aired their problems here and no one seemed happy with their Sedona but of course that's the nature of these owners forums. It's mainly about problem solving.
I bought02 Sedona just over a year ago because Ineeded a car to carry a lot of stuff occaisionally so it's good to be able to remove the seats totally rather than just fold them. It tows the caravan very well and gives a good fuel return while towing.

I always suspectedit wasn't going to have the quality / reliability of a Ford or VW so there was an element of risk but that was offset by the fact that itonly cost £2500.

I only found out about the potential fuel pump problem / repair bill. I've found traces of swarf in the sedimentor twice so maybe the writing's on the wall.

Would I buy another? I don't think so.

·
Registered
192 Posts
got the wife an o3 plate le model not looked after but after i got my hands on it it runs like a dream full black leather and dvd player 3500 quid and it gets about 540 miles for a full tank.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Ey oop! I didn't edit Sc**thorpe. It seems we're not allowed to mention it on here. Anyone in from Sc**thorpe.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Well pleased with my 2004 model. Does all I ask of it . SPOKE to soon. pipe to rear heater split this afternoon. RAC made a temparary repair. (will probally out last rest of pipe.) What is the cheapest way to replace? as the kia parts are so over priced.

·
Registered
82 Posts
My Auto gearbox failed along with the torque converter whilst on holiday in Spain. The car was under warranty. KIA UK were involved after several weeks of email tennis with KIA Spain/KIA Assist.

The shocker was, KIA UK had no idea it was stuck out in Spain until i contacted them direct for help. 6 weeks later from breakdown. KIA UK Maaike was FANTASTIC
with her help in moving things forward. It still took another 6 weeks to get the problem sorted, however, with out her help it would still be there now 9 month on.

SO.....Moral is, if you breakdown abroad and its a serious fault, get it towed home.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts