Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone, the wiring loom on my kia sportage 2016 has had the wiring loom cut , the floor loom where it goes into the inner dash wiring loom and i am trying to rejoin (not insurance claim ) can i get a colour coded wiring diagram from any where there is 12 wires involved any info would be welcome . Thanks TW

·
Registered
5,212 Posts
That info will not help you. Just jion the same colours to the same colours. If there are multiple wires of the same colour then look carefully at their position in the loom and join same position to same position, using those coulurs you have identifiec as a guide. KIA would simply replace the entire loom.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That info will not help you. Just jion the same colours to the same colours. If there are multiple wires of the same colour then look carefully at their position in the loom and join same position to same position, using those coulurs you have identifiec as a guide. KIA would simply replace the entire loom.
Thanks Turnup, its gone past the position stage , ive joined a blue to blue already and blown a fuse , so i will have to keep trying , i dont want to have to scrap a good car for the sake of 12 wires . TW

·
Super Moderator
4,217 Posts
Time to get a multimeter out.

Got any pictures of both cut ends?

Any way that you could go back to the connection blocks and source the same bit of cable rather than trial and error connections?

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Easy way try one of the breakers on Ebay breaking a 2016.for the wiring harnesses and make a job of it, as they often just get burnt for the scrap copper.

Reactions: Fullchat

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi everyone , Many thanks for your ideas it is a great help , it is the last few MM of the floor loom where it joins the inner dash loom the 12 pin plug goes into the dash loom ,the receiver plug is ok on the dash but the floor side of the plug is missing completely just leaving the wires , you are a great help to me please dont stop with your input ,Thanks TW

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi everyone , thanks for your help its hard to explain this wiring , i think i will get a new floor loom and end this problem i know they are expensive but it should be a plug in job hopefully , if anyone has a good contact for genuine parts please let me know . Thanks TW

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome to the Forum

Try here to get the Part No and an idea of how far that Loom goes

As suggested above Ebay or Online Breaker Service for the Loom from a Used Car
i.e.
Thanks for your info , there are many different types of loom its hard to find the exact one , i am enquiring on the site you said thanks again TW

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi, ive had a auto electrician have a look at this job and he assures me he can do it given time . thats good news for me .TW

1 - 11 of 11 Posts