Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have an MY21 GT-line S which has the new 8" infotainment system. The Kia UK website mentions wireless apple and android connectivity. I can't seem to access or enable it, only wired options are mentioned in the infotainment setup screens.

Sure Bluetooth is there and we can hook up via USB, but proper wireless android auto or carplay is what we hoped for.

I'll spend more time looking, but has anyone got wireless up and running?

·
Registered
833 Posts
According to;
You need;
As a first thought does your phone meet those requirements and are you establishing a 5GHz WiFi connection?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
According to;
You need;
As a first thought does your phone meet those requirements and are you establishing a 5GHz WiFi connection?
Thanks for the info. I have a Galaxy S8+ so should be good to go. I don't have another Kia to compare against, but videos for other models show Device Connection options in the infotainment settings for setting up wireless which just aren't present on the Pincato.

I've messaged the dealer and he couldn't get it running on a showroom car. He's going to contact Kia to enquire.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I hear that all Kia headunits that have UVO connection should get a software upgrade this year to run Carplay wireless & Android Auto wireless so not possible at the moment ;)

·
Super Moderator
4,314 Posts
I hear that all Kia headunits that have UVO connection should get a software upgrade this year to run Carplay wireless & Android Auto wireless so not possible at the moment ;)
Thats the message i got from KCS as well.

But unless you have the wireless charging mat it's a bit pointless.

Reactions: Radiorail

·
Registered
70 Posts
With my MY21 Gt, the dealer also could not get my compliant Android phone to connect.
After experimenting and internet searching, I found I had to activate "Developer mode" on phone and switch something on WIFi settings.
Think it involved then going to Android Auto settings and from menu dots find the "Wireless projection" area and enable wireless.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
With my MY21 Gt, the dealer also could not get my compliant Android phone to connect.
After experimenting and internet searching, I found I had to activate "Developer mode" on phone and switch something on WIFi settings.
Think it involved then going to Android Auto settings and from menu dots find the "Wireless projection" area and enable wireless.
Thanks for the suggestion. I already had the "Wireless Projection" mode setup on the phone. All the videos I've seen for setting up Kia projection/wireless have different settings/features to what I'm seeing in the Picanto. We have an iPhone which is all set for wireless CarPlay, but the car doesn't see that either.

Other posts above indicate it's a feature coming via an update, perhaps your variant already has that.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion. I already had the "Wireless Projection" mode setup on the phone. All the videos I've seen for setting up Kia projection/wireless have different settings/features to what I'm seeing in the Picanto. We have an iPhone which is all set for wireless CarPlay, but the car doesn't see that either.

Other posts above indicate it's a feature coming via an update, perhaps your variant already has that.
My car was a December 2020 delivery, so definitely not the latest software update. Now the Android phone works great.
Not sure about iPhone set up, but might still be some obscure setting that still needs changing.

·
Super Moderator
4,314 Posts
Australia already has the Wireless version enabled.
As usual here in poor ol'e blighty. We have to wait.

·
Registered
833 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts