Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Xceed phev
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just back from a short EU trip and had to rent a VW polo which has done approx 23k km so fairly new as I couldn't make out reg Yr from the plate. I was shocked to find out that this vehicle had Wireless AA running from my Note 9 full screen when we are perhaps years away from getting anything from Kia. Time to jump ship?

Registered
Xceed 1.5 4 DCT
Be careful what you wish for 馃槈 a friend of mine has a 12 months old A3 which has a s/w issue with the satnav that apparently can't be fixed, or at least that's what he's been told 馃檮

Super Moderator
Or one of the lower spec Kia that do not have navigation.

Personally unless you are only doing short trips, you are going to have to put phone on charge with Wireless AA/ACP as it will drain battery & get hot as well if stuck in a unventilated pocket.

Registered
Just get one of these
I have had mine since October last year in my Stinger and it works flawlessly. Even on 3/4 hour road trips it might drop out once or twice (I assume through heat) but reconnects within a minute.

Just uses your phone battery a lot faster for but the day to daydrives it is so much better to just hop into the car and away you go without any wires.

Registered
2021 XCeed 1.5 T-GDI 7DCT
Wireless AA makes the most sense in cars with built-in wireless charging, so it's a shame that it's not available in the top trim XCeed at least. This will hopefully become standard in more and more future models.

Until then I'm perfectly fine using wired AA. My XCeed doesn't have the wireless charger, so even if it had wireless AA I'd end up using the cable for charging anyway. This way my phone battery stays at 100% during long trips, and it only takes a few seconds to plug it in. 馃槃

Registered
My car, regular ceed sw, has both, wireless CarPlay and wireless charger. Wireless CarPlay works as a charm, very rare disconnections or other issues. And battery drain on the phone is not significant, hour or two driving with Waze on takes around ~10% or even less, bit more when Spotify is playing too.

But wireless charger is absolutely useless, at least with iPhones. Phone just gets hot and charges very slowly, like 10% per hour. I have tried with case and without, ACP on and off, same result.

Registered
Xceed phev
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My car, regular ceed sw, has both, wireless CarPlay and wireless charger. Wireless CarPlay works as a charm, very rare disconnections or other issues. And battery drain on the phone is not significant, hour or two driving with Waze on takes around ~10% or even less, bit more when Spotify is playing too.

But wireless charger is absolutely useless, at least with iPhones. Phone just gets hot and charges very slowly, like 10% per hour. I have tried with case and without, ACP on and off, same result.
Have you tested it with any Android phones?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts