Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The rubber on my rear wiper blade has split. I need a new blade but don't know what to get and is it an easy to fit. Arthritic hands/fingers mean simple job become more difficult and as I have never replaced the wiper before I don't know how to do it.

Can a fellow forum member suggest where I can get a new blade from, do Halfords selll them? and how do I know which one to buy so it fits?. Kia replaced the front ones and it was expensive. Just trying to save money but I may have to bit the bullet and pay Kia when the car is next serviced.

Thanks

·
Registered
66 Posts
The rubber on my rear wiper blade has split. I need a new blade but don't know what to get and is it an easy to fit. Arthritic hands/fingers mean simple job become more difficult and as I have never replaced the wiper before I don't know how to do it.

Can a fellow forum member suggest where I can get a new blade from, do Halfords selll them? and how do I know which one to buy so it fits?. Kia replaced the front ones and it was expensive. Just trying to save money but I may have to bit the bullet and pay Kia when the car is next serviced.

Thanks

Halfrauds will sell you wiper blades for your car, some branches even have a fitting service. Your wiper blades don't have to come from Kia. It's not that difficult a task but I'd just let them do for the sake of speed, hassle and dirty hands.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Ebay
Wiperblades.co.uk
Google is your friend here...

Measure the length of your current one, and cross check that with the websites that'll select yours based on your reg number.

Watch a YouTube video... Much easier than trying to describe the process in words.

Takes 10 seconds to fit one. No tools required.

Probably a 300mm/12 inch on the rear, majority of Kia use that. Bosch H301, don't pay more than £10.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
As said ebay .. venga and Hyundia ix20 use the same blade.... have to do my youngest son before his MOT is due next month.. if you can do it try fitting a new rubber in the existing blade.. this vid is for the i20 from Hyundai but its the same principle when changing the rear blade..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts