Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading positive reviews of Bosch AeroTwin blades, including their efficiency and quietness, I replaced my original front ones with a pair of them. I've always thought they were quite noisy even though I cleaned the screen with methylated spirits.

Now, after getting on for two years old and 15K miles, they judder, no longer flip over and are even noisier, so need replacing. Can anyone recommend a good quality, quiet wiper blade? I'll check the wiper arms are parallel to the screen before fitting although I've no reason to suspect that they are not.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Costco are selling Michelin "Stealth" wiper blades at present, circa £5 each.

Can't comment on quality yet as I haven't tried them, but for a fiver a shot, they may be worth giving a go. They come with a variety of fittings and the standard fitting already attached to each blade is certainly the right one for my Optima and any other vehicles with the hook type wiper arm so far as I know.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Decided to try another set of AeroTwin blades and ordered them yesterday. Had I'd read Phil in Wales's answer beforehand I might have bought them instead; unbelievably good price that includes postage. Thanks for the suggestions.

·
Registered
235 Posts
How easy are they to fit please?
Very simple..lift up the arm and blade from the screen..follow the arm up to the blade and you will see a button..press in the button and pull the blade from the arm..while holding in the button..to fit ..just insert the arm unto the blade and push..it will click into place .. fitting on the bosch are slightly different to the aftermarket ones but they fit perfectly and come ready assembled..

Simples..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=25&v=u40BPWoD--k&feature=emb_logo

·
Registered
60 Posts
My car is fitted with Valeo wipers, the arms require a 19mm connector.
Do the Bosch blades come with a 19mm connector, at present I have Halfords own brand and they are very noisy and judder.
Cheers

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Do the Bosch blades come with a 19mm connector
Usually, if you buy blades specifically for your particular model of car, rather than just by size, they come with the correct fittings.

If you are aware of a good source of wipers, either in a motor factor's shop or on the internet, you may be able to buy good, branded blades for a good price.
As you probably know, buying from a KIA dealership tends to be expensive but a good, reliable source, not necessarily the cheapest, with a range of makes and quick service is on this link:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The new Bosch blades have been fitted for a while now and they are still very quiet. They come with a 19mm adaptor, as well as many others. It's adaptor No 2 (Detail shown in the attached link). Hope this helps.

Wiper Blades

·
Registered
235 Posts
The new Bosch blades have been fitted for a while now and they are still very quiet. They come with a 19mm adaptor, as well as many others. It's adaptor No 2 (Detail shown in the attached link). Hope this helps.

Wiper Blades
Needed to change my blades this week and ordered a pair of Bosch from ebay and car parts motion..they came with the wrong connector on the blade and the one shown in your link [Number 2 ] is the correct one..urgently needed the blades so I stripped the rubber out of the bosch already on my car and the new bosch and fitted them to my Venga..it was simple to do and in the future this is the way I will be going..new rubbers..a fraction of the price and took around 20 mins to sort..

Can I ask you where you bought your blades from..a link would be handy..

·
Registered
245 Posts
Needed to change my blades this week and ordered a pair of Bosch from ebay and car parts motion..they came with the wrong connector on the blade and the one shown in your link [Number 2 ] is the correct one..urgently needed the blades so I stripped the rubber out of the bosch already on my car and the new bosch and fitted them to my Venga..it was simple to do and in the future this is the way I will be going..new rubbers..a fraction of the price and took around 20 mins to sort..

Can I ask you where you bought your blades from..a link would be handy..

I did this a couple of years ago Phil in Wales with a pair of Bosch blades on my old Toyota. I downloaded Opera browser because it has some good links on its index page (plus a VPN) including AliExpress. Purchased some Bosch rubbers for £2 or £3 from AliExpress. Delivery time was several weeks, but when they arrived , they were of excellent quality and fitted just like the guy demonstrated in the video

·
Registered
60 Posts
Usually, if you buy blades specifically for your particular model of car, rather than just by size, they come with the correct fittings.

If you are aware of a good source of wipers, either in a motor factor's shop or on the internet, you may be able to buy good, branded blades for a good price.
As you probably know, buying from a KIA dealership tends to be expensive but a good, reliable source, not necessarily the cheapest, with a range of makes and quick service is on this link:

I purchased a set from an online site, specifically for my Venga, they only came with 16mm carriers. I tried to send them back but I had to pay the postage it was more than the blades cost.
Cheers,

1 - 17 of 17 Posts