Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I am trying to restore a Kia picanto 2005 GS I am going to spray the wiper arms to a gloss black to make them stand out nice,

The only question I have is would they black look good or with it being a gloss could it create glare many thanks
Kieran Patience

·
Registered
158 Posts
Kieran, I would go satin black and Hammerite Smooth is a robust paint that does not need any primer or undercoat.

I use it for wheel hubs and it stands up to heat and weather abuse really well. I'm just painting a balcony railing using the same technique.

You can get a 'spray like' finish by using a small cut piece of new sponge. Experiment by painting a food can by brush and then gently dabbing the sponge on immediately when the paint is wet. Aim for a roller texture finish all over, no bubbles. It pulls flatter when it dries.

Spray painting is wasteful and creates lots of paint dust. Especially for small items.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,093 Posts
The only question I have is would they black look good or with it being a gloss could it create glare many thanks
Kieran Patience
Well looking good is a matter of opinion. Most wiper arms are black anyway.
Glare? I doubt that as the biggest part is away from you.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hello,

I did the same a few years back on a 2004 Picanto: finish of choice was matt black spray with a clear matt spray coat to finish with.

Good luck,

Al

1 - 5 of 5 Posts