Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just before Christmas , my husband was in and out of hospital with pneumonia and is still very poorly, because I may have need to get to the hospital quick at anytime ,for the first time in ages I did not park the Sportage on the drive but left in on the road !!! What a mistake, some idiot decided to take it out on both the wing mirrors for a laugh!!! I now have passengers side with glass smashed but casing okay and drivers side , housing broken but glass okay . kia are quoting me for 2 complete wing mirror units at around £300 with VAT and £80 to fit EACH one !!!! They tell me I cannot just get replacement glass just whole unit ? I do not just want to stick a mirror over cracked one , I want a new mirror , surely you can get one , though Kia tell me you can't? They are electric and heated, I think I can patch drivers side but any ideas of where I may be able to get the glass, I had tried scrappies and registered on parts sites on the internet with no luck. MOT is due any day so need to get them sorted as it is a fail ?

It is a Kia sportage 2.0 diesel 2007 model

·
Registered
197 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
I would advise ringing a local motorfactor and asking them for a price for a GLASS for your mirror. I had a similar event with my Saab. The Saab dealer wanted £85 for a new drivers side glass, the local motorfactor chaged £30 for the same item. Fitted it myself on the side of the road in about 2 minutes. (It just clips in and there are 2 wires to clip on for the heater).P.S. Got rid of the Saab and bought the Sportage.

Hope this helps, Mike

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hi melly,

Dont know if you have sorted it out but try ebay and just search on there. There are loads of mirror glass replacements or full mirrors for that matter ???

I wouldnt mind updrading my mirrors for heated ones if possible.

thanks

Lance

1 - 4 of 4 Posts