Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone got any ideas of if its possible to upgrade my wing mirrors to heated mirrors ????
if theres one thing i miss about my zafira b was that it had heated mirrors. the same for the auto dimming rearview mirror. I know theres one for the sportage with the compas, but is it a upgrade that I could do ??? does the power come from the interior lighting ????

just thoughts at the moment but i would like them on my 06 Sportage XE

as for the wing mirrors they must be linked to the rear heated window ??? so this might not be possible.

thanks

Lance

·
Registered
199 Posts
< ="text/">

You will need to take a
mirror glass off and see if you have a one black and one orange wire
doing nothing. If you do connect a test light or the like between the
two wires and start the engine and switch on the heated back window.
The test light should light up. If it does all you need to do is buy
new heated mirror glass and job is done.
Please can you put a
follow up on the forum so we can all find out if it works or not.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Chris,

and here is me thinking i will have to re wire the thing ??? cheers mate i will have a look as soon as i have found out the best way to get the mirror off ?? and see whats behind ???

cheers

Lance

·
Registered
3 Posts
Groupie,

Did you have any luck with your upgrade, did you have a look and see if the wiring is already in place?

Cheers Papa.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cant seem to get the back plate off !!!! dont want to break the back plate. had a look on the kiateck site and there does seem to be wiring there but just got to be brave and see if i can take the mirror off without cracking it ????
going to have another go though because i do miss them, hate frosty mornings.

cheers mate

Lance

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
how do i get the glass off without breaking it or any part of the mirror ? any ideas??

·
Registered
199 Posts
Sorry no ideas. Maybe you can remove the door card and see it the cables are in the door and they work. If so you may have to pay kia price for a complete heated mirror

Edited by: chris140472

·
Registered
197 Posts
Mine is in for its MOT later this month and I'll ask the garage....I'd also like to do this upgrade.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Lance,
Did you ever manage to remove your base plate / mirror? I would like to do the same on my 2010 sportage but also have concerns that I will break something if I lever it to much.

Thanks, Gavin.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
they do just pop off but the trick is getting them to pop at the correct place, it is a circular base and the mirror has a circular mounting on the back that clips on the the other half, try getting the mirror on full tilt and see if you can get right behind the plastic mounting, you want to get between them both to separate them,

1 - 11 of 11 Posts