Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newly bought 2014 C'eed. My driver's wing mirror has a full range of adjustment, up, down and side to side. BUT the central setting is too oriented towards to the car, meaning that even on its most outward setting, the car still takes up half of my view. It's a really weird problem because everything looks fine except for what the mirror shows. I've unclipped the mirror, undone and retightened the central bolt, gently clicked the mirror across its full range of movement. No cigar. Do any of you good folk have any ideas...?!

·
Registered
645 Posts
Welcome to the Forum,

Maybe a silly question but is the Mirror fully folded out?

With the Mirrors costing £250-£370 new, I would take it back to where you got it and get them to sort.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the Forum,

Maybe a silly question but is the Mirror fully folded out?

With the Mirrors costing £250-£370 new, I would take it back to where you got it and get them to sort.

For sure, it's fully folded out. Yes, I may have to get back to the dealer...

·
Registered
71 Posts
If it is the angle of the glass rather than its housing, then using all five fingers, press the glass the way you want it to go with reasonable force, not enough to break the glass. You should find that it just clicks to the next available position and stays there, giving the correct range of adjustment for driving. This usually works for most cars and the reason they do this is that the driver's and passenger's glass angle needs to be different and needs to be adjustable to cater for left and right hand drive versions and their default angles. It sounds like your glass is angled for a left hand drive.
Worth a try.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If it is the angle of the glass rather than its housing, then using all five fingers, press the glass the way you want it to go with reasonable force, not enough to break the glass. You should find that it just clicks to the next available position and stays there, giving the correct range of adjustment for driving. This usually works for most cars and the reason they do this is that the driver's and passenger's glass angle needs to be different and needs to be adjustable to cater for left and right hand drive versions and their default angles. It sounds like your glass is angled for a left hand drive.
Worth a try.
Thanks, Sporty Joe. I have tried to do this, as did a mechanic at my local garage, but the mirror just won't move any further. But what you say about the lh and rh version really has me thinking. I am now convinced this item is specific to a lhd vehicle. I see on eBay that you can buy such a thing. The previous owner must have bought and installed it by mistake. This gives me ammo to return to the dealer. So thank you.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The instruction in post 6 often works, try it in warm temperatures, not cold and try it with the glass tilted in towards the car center, not all ready all the way out.

You could try midway too, but not all the way out.
Thanks JD, tried this but it really looks like it's not physically capable of going further. I'm convinced it's for a lhd car...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.