Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all new to Kia I'm picking up my Sportage on sat morning . I would like to know where I can get the wing mirror module from please has anyone got a link please

·
Registered
351 Posts
Well the obvious place to buy parts for Kia's is from a Kia dealer. Why do you need a module? Are you buying an accident damaged one or something?

·
Registered
2020 Sportage GT-Line CRDi
1,406 Posts
Kia Parts Direct often post in the Club Discounts section.

I have no relationship with the company.

·
Super Moderator
4,217 Posts
Hi all new to Kia I'm picking up my Sportage on sat morning . I would like to know where I can get the wing mirror module from please has anyone got a link please
Just what does the "Module"do?

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
I believe thaat is the Body Control Module. Why do you want one?

·
Registered
935 Posts
The module is linked to the signal when you lock the doors the mirrors close automatically
Er, why not speak to the dealer. It may be everything is already there and just needs activating with the dealers software. If it needs parts it will still almost certainly need dealer activation.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Not sure if this applies to your car or even if it is what you are talking about.
I purchased a module off the interweb for my older Sportage, took an hour or so to fit.

·
Super Moderator
4,217 Posts
The module is linked to the signal when you lock the doors the mirrors close automatically
Thanks.

Is this a new or new to you Sportage?
If it was part of the spec for the car, I would be getting dealer to sort before picking up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's a new model for me I was a ford man for many years so I'm trying the Kia out for many reasons it's a spec one so I'm seeing if I can add my touch seeing this on other specs

·
Registered
935 Posts
It's a new model for me I was a ford man for many years so I'm trying the Kia out for many reasons it's a spec one so I'm seeing if I can add my touch seeing this on other specs
Don't tamper too much, you will risk loosing the warranty if you do.

·
Registered
143 Posts
well If it just a case of getting it switched on at the dealer then that is the way to go. It may well not be fitted at all. At the time I fitted mine I had warranty left and had no issues with claims.
However, at the end of the day, it is you that needs to feel comfortable with any changes. My folding mirrors have been great and work flawlessly to date a couple of years down the line, it helps to know when the car is locked.
It was less than an tenner at the time from Aliexpress, plug and play in the driver's door. It may well be that your year of car is not covered for the aftermarket option anyhow, I could not find one suitable for a Mokka so it is button time at every entry and exit.
As above I agree if you cannot get it programmed then I suggest you think about whether it is worth potentially affecting your warranty or not, or even breaking something.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts