Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have broken the nearside wing mirror assembly and the motor keeps running and the mirror is hanging off. I can set it in the right position but everytime I lock or unlock the motors close and open the mirrors so it flops around again. Can I turn this function off? or can I remove the fuse that controls them?

·
Registered
2018 Sportage AWD
3 Posts
On mine i have a switch above the window switches on the driver door that you can press to either have the mirrors in, out or switched from when you unlock the car.

·
Registered
Kia Niro 3 PHEV (70-plate) Horizon Blue
4,098 Posts
Hi & Welcome.

Would really help to know which Kia you have, As some will have a option & others may not.
As a rule if there is a option it wil lbe in the Dash menu.
Like Paul67 (above) my Niro has a switch on the drivers armrest which controls the folding (or not) of the mirrors.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi & Welcome.

Would really help to know which Kia you have, As some will have a option & others may not.
As a rule if there is a option it wil lbe in the Dash menu.
Hi,

Thanks for your tips. I managed to sort it by going in to the options in the on the dash menu as you suggested. You can select wing mirror and then deselect welcome mirrors.

·
Super Moderator
10,469 Posts
Welcome mirrors will just open/close then as you walk upto the car. It should not stop them opening/closing when you unlock the car.
Or at least that is the way they work on the Niro. Which is why knowing which car you have helps. 🤷‍♂️

1 - 6 of 6 Posts