Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Today I tried to remove my 2020 Rio’s wing mirrors case so I can wrap them but I failed to get them off. Looked online for hours watching videos where they just push down a few clips and it pops off.
I can only see one possible clip to push but can’t see any others for the life of me.
Has anyone else had any experience with taking apart the wing mirror can’t find any Rio 2017 onwards guides anywhere.

thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Having just replaced my driver's side mirror, I can attest to the replacement at least. Mine was forcibly removed by road debris smacking the front of the mirror skullcap... The mirror is held on by 6-8 tabs (wish I had pictures of it taken off) in a circle in the middle. Pulling from one side of the mirror could likely cause the mirror to bend enough to fracture. My bet here is to get two straps (shoelace or similar) and "floss" them around the mirror on both sides (outer and inner) and try to get them nearest to the center of the mirror. Then, by pulling on both straps (4 total 'ends') you should easily be able to pop the mirror off. This would be my plan of action if I intended to remove it on purpose!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts