Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sportage 2.0 crdi xs 2006, help,does anybody know what fuse if any feeds the washer pump , I have looked in my manual and their is no reference to the windscreen washer pump or any fuses for it either under the bonnet fuse box or in the drivers side door panel fuse box (Could it be twinned with another component?). It is not frozen because I have taken of a rubber pipe and can with some difficulty blow through into the screen wash bottle, when the washer/wiper leaver is pulled you dont here any noise under the bonnet , any ideas? or is it of to the agents.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I've looked at the wiring diagrams on KGIS and as far as I can work out the Front Wiper 20A fuse also supplies the washers (that fuse is under the bonnet in the square box near the battery). So if your wipers still work it is not the fuse. I suspect that your washer container is frozen. Despite using a heavy proportion of concentrated washer fluid, my container is partly frozen....the 'blue' ice has escaped through the filler cap. My pump is also not running at the moment (was last week). I suspect that the cheap from Tesco washer fluid I'm using doesn't stay mixed very well resulting in freezing...it's possible that the pump is frozen and will be fine when thawed. Does your car live out? How cold has it been (we've had minus 10C here this week).

Richard

·
Registered
197 Posts
Quick update - I drove that car today for 20 miles and my washers thawed and the pump resumed normal operation - I hope that yours (grandad zack) is as easily rectified.

Richard

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your replies, I work 12hour nights and car is outside, temp. other night -13c, have found out that the pump must have been frozen , I poured very hot water into the washer bottle left for a while and then tried all ok, but frozen again even though plenty of addative in. Roll on Smmer

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Buy good quality screenwash and DON'T dilute it.
Like I said in other posts I use screenwash from Arnold Clark Renault as its good down to -20c. The best stuff I have ever used.
Its name is MOTRIO SCREENWASH -20C
Supermarket screenwash is only good down to -5c some -10c and that's it neat.

Edited by: davy

·
Registered
197 Posts
davy said:
Buy good quality screenwash and DON'T dilute it.
Like I said in other posts I use screenwash from Arnold Clark Renault as its good down to -20c. The best stuff I have ever used.
Its name is MOTRIO SCREENWASH -20C
Supermarket screenwash is only good down to -5c some -10c and that's it neat.

Thanks for the tip....I've been looking for something stronger - Arnold Clark though!

Richard

1 - 7 of 7 Posts