Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi tried to wash my windscreen recently, front wipers work fine but no water being projected onto screen, for the life ot me I am unable to locate the right fuse that covers the washer pump motor. I have checked both the fuse panel under the bonnet and the panel within the footwell on the drivers side, can anybody help and point me in the right direction. Many thanks in anticipation.

·
Registered
235 Posts
What model is it !!
I thought the fuse for the wipers and washer was the same.......Look again in the drivers footwall fusebox and it should be a 10a fuse

Can you hear the pump trying to work....if you can perhaps the pipes/nozzles are blocked.

Oh, if it is the fuse thats blown, you will also find your climate control is not working...cold air

Taff
Edited by: paddywagon05

·
Registered
2 Posts
If the pump is working it is probably just a build up of dirt, pour boiling water into the washer container or try a power hose by inserting into the contaner and be careful.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Others have found that there is a silicon flap valve inside the pump that directs the water to front or back, if this fails or gets pierced you get no water, means getting the pump out and checking and replacing the pump if this is the cause. Access the pump via the wheel arch, its a push fit into the tank so I am led to believe.

Edited by: colb

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi as same problem front and back wipers work fin rear screen wash works fine just front decided to stop.
1)Checked screen wash level fine
2)Checked for blockages in jets all clear
3)Took pipe connecters of all fine
4)Got fuses in car and under bonnet all fine
5)Got friend to plug diagnostic computer in ""“ came up with BCM fault (body control module) took it to local Kia dealer who confirmed electrical fault turned out fault in what they call the wiper arm switch or relay in the leaver connected to steering Colom was faulty replaced under warranty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts