Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may be being a bit dumb but both my washer nozzles are hitting the lower part of the screen and I have tried raising them with a needle in the"hole" but the needle bends quite a lot and does not move, am I doing this wrong?, cannot see anything in the owners manual about raising washer nozzle, never had this problem with any of my vehicles before, thanks

·
Registered
Fusion white 2014 Proceed GT Tech
541 Posts
Yep, mine hit the bottom of the screen as well. If you run the pump for a good two or three full sweeps you soon have the screen nicely drenched. It's a 5 litre bottle, so even with headlight washers, it lasts a good time.

I haven't tried adjusting them as the last time I tried that (on my previous car) I managed to irretrievably snap-off the end of the pin in the jet... :oops:

·
Registered
62 Posts
I had the same issue, pretty poor performance the washers on my 2015 (65) Ceed (non Pro), could only get full coverage at speed on the motorway with the wind flow. Stared with passenger side barely making the screen. I took it to the dealers and they charged me £56 to change the jet, which improved its operation and then just after the new year the other side went in which I paid £80 for a washer bottle remove and clean and a new jet on that side.

A bit crap to pay £130 to sort but its done and the car in 2.5 years had has had reasonable running costs and have had 2 DRL repairs under warranty (ok I have given them £600 in servicing and MOT costs in 2.5 years).

As you, I couldn't find a way to adjust with out force but I don't think it would have helped as the flow was poor to start with.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts