Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My windscreen wyper motor has stopped squishing(technical term) water. The motor is making a noise as though it still works. Holes at window are clear and after taking off supply tube I'm sure no blockage in the line. I suspect the pump impellor is stuck or broken. How difficult to check out this problem before calling the garage.

·
Registered
4,912 Posts
If motor is making noise it is working.Probably pipes frozen near bottle under wheel arch.Minefrozenyesterday and i have 75% screen wash in.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks birdman but it has not been so cold here as in the rest of the country - ice wasn't the problem.
The problem was the pump. Refer to previous help by Pit. The filter on pump was clogged with gunge and I suspect impellor blade was needing a gentle turn a few times. A bit of job though but if you beast in as the instructions by pit you'll save a few bob. Once the pump is out you will know how to fit a new one (£26) even if it is beyond repair.
thanks all

·
Registered
4,912 Posts
Minesabsolutelyfine today now we have thaw.I have had my motor 8 years, at some time or other it usually freezes but no other problems.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just had this problem, turns out it was a blocked filter in the washer pump. I changed mine but you can try to clean the gunge from the filter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts