Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My tip for the day is do not try to operate the windscreen washer for more than a second or two if it is frozen. Even though I had some windscreen anti-freeze in it wasn't suffient for the recent cold spell.I think the water in the pump must have frozen and therefor stalled the motor.When I tried to use the washer it blew the 10 amp fuse that protects that circuit. Now that things have finally thawed out Ihave checked thecurrent draw, which is 3 amps.
New fuse now fitted and strength of anti-freeze increased ready for the next cold spell forecast for next week.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Bang the stuff in neat if conditions are below minus 5c. Most screen washes are only good down to minus 5c to 10c. Likes of stuff out of morrisons, asda etc. Go for Renault screenwash its good down to minus 20c. I can vouch for it as where I go its high up and was down to minus 17c.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good advice there Davy
. I hadn't realised the super market stuff was so weak. I still had my normal summer mix of about 25% in, so not supricing that it froze I suppose. I'm topping up with neat screenwash now. A bootle of fresh water I have inside the car finally thawed out yesterday, but then I'm in the warmer climes of Lancashire.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
I had that super market stuff neat in its own bottle inside my van and it froze over night. After a while it was like one of them blue slush puppies.

Try Arnold Clark Renault they might be doing a deal on the Renault minus 20c screen wash.
Edited by: davy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts