Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my wifes kia cerato mists and in cold weather freezes the inside of the windscreen does anyone know why and is there a cure nothing is wet inside i.e. carpets any help please

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Have you got the recirc button pressed on. This causes alot of misting if its left on for a while.
Also check the insulation under the carpets for any dampness.
Edited by: davy

·
Registered
157 Posts
Most probable cause is moisture inside car, not uncommon this time of year. Agree with Passa if you`ve got air-con use it.

·
Registered
543 Posts
My picanto goes like that like a needle in hay stack I'm afraid I've tried it all I think it's the door rubbers letting it in but not 100% sure :)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Or maybe the Tina Turner aria "STEAMY WINDOWS" ( in c major). Who daid we were a coarse crude ignorant lot on here ?.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Have you tried cleaning the screen with kithcen roll soaked in alcohol or screen wash, followed by a wipe down with clear vinegar?

I quite often find a layer of crap builds up on the back screen and it atracts moisture to it and mists up easily.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Personally I think its the dogging Dano's doing that causing the steamy windows. All the flashing of his tail lights is burning his bulbs out too.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts