Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have a Rio Chill 1.5 diesel which has just had its 1st service at 10k miles. I received a phone call from the service desk stating that the pollen filter was blocked and was a non warranty item, if I wanted it replacing it was £35 PLUS VAT. . I beleive this can cause the windscreen to stop demisiting? Thats what the service people told me. Anyone had this problem it just seemed odd that this should block within a year, never had any problems before. I also took it back as it was pulling to the left to be told it was camber on the road.

Thanks to you for any advice.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Hi leyther

unless you have been following a dust cart for most if the year? I would start looking for another Garage to service your car!!!!

Ain't they got a vacuum cleaner?

If it's a KIA Garage they are doing the Name a lot of damage!!!

·
Registered
887 Posts
Check the price, seems steep, should only be paying for the part, no extra labour as it's on the service sheet to check it, so to check it, you need to remove it?
Personally I replace mine every year.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
If the pollen filter is damp or very dirty it can give you misting. This was a problem on early VX Vectras and Astras. The filter was housed just under the plastic scuttle below windscreen and would collect water that leaked passed the seal and plastic diverter above the filter. Cure was to throw it away or seal up the scuttle plastic so water wouldn't leak past it and drip onto filter. Pollen filters are a load of crap in my opinion. Just something else that costs you bucks. Once you get out of car whats stopping pollen going up your nose, answer nowt. So whats the point in having one, we done without them for decades and no one was any worse off. If you suffer from tree pollen or grass pollen then a filter in the car wont help much unless you live in the car 24/7.
Edited by: davy

·
Registered
35 Posts
From what i remember, the cabin filters are about £12-15 on ebay. They are real easy to fit, take off two tabs in the glovebox, let the glove box drop down and the filter tray is right behind that. Its usually white in colour and goes black over time (mine did anyway) check and clean or replace.

I do huge miles on my Rio so i had to replace mine after a year or so.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts