Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey

Over the past week my cars windscreen has been frozen on the inside aswell as the outside?

Does anyone else have this? or any idea on what could be causing it?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Sounds like humidity inside the cabin is condensing on the glass then freezing. You can get a small passive de-humidifier online, which you just put on the dashboard. It soaks up moisture (up to about 600ml I believe) over a period of weeks/months, and you can just dry it out on a radiator
Lif up the mats and feel for dampness in the carpets. If there is dampness, it needs to go in to get sorted. Otherwise, it could just be water from your shoes evaporating from the mats, plus moisture from breathing, etc. Use the aircon for a few minutes (if you can stand it this weekend at minus 11!), which should dry it out.

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
We find it helps if air control is set to re-circulate before switching off ignition on Picanto also on the Sorento,it does not stop completely it but does help.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
When did you last change your pollen filter? These can cause excessive humidity inside if clogged.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Hi Alicia,<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

I'm sorry you're having problems with your windscreen freezing inside.

ujoni08 has made a very good point ""“ sometimes condensation will freeze inside the car. Condensation in cars can be caused by moisture entering the vehicle on wet clothing and shoes, which leads to condensation on the inside of the glass. When the outside temperature falls, it causes the condensation to freeze on the windscreen. Our technical department has confirmed that this is more likely to occur in vehicles which are used for frequent short journeys, especially if carrying several occupants.

But if you do feel there's a problem with your car, please make a booking with your dealer as soon as possible. Hopefully this will put your mind at rest, at the very least.

If you need any more information, please get in touch with us on the number below.

Kia Customer Service
0845 6017521
Visit www.kia.co.uk
Join In www.facebook.com/kiamotorsuk
Enjoy www.youtube.com/kiamotorsuk

Call centre opening hours:
Monday to Wednesday: 8.30am - 6pm
Thursday: 9.30am - 6pm
Friday: 8.30am - 6pm
Saturday: 9am - 1pm

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
My Rio will get a lot of condensation on the inside of the window if left to stand for about a week. this is quite normal. But if you're getting a lot of condensation on a regular basis, check the pollen filter and check for leaks. On the Rio there is a pipe that can come off from the rear washer system in the driver's footwell, this can lead to dampness problems! Not sure if it's ther same for the Picanto.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Are you sure the ventilation ifs not stuck on recirculate, any even basic heater should clear humidity quickly and prevent misting/icing. I have noticed that our Picanto is quite show to produce heat

1 - 7 of 7 Posts