Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
First post so sorry if this has been covered before or else where. (I did try a search first)
I have a windows 7 phone (HTC)which never worked with my new sportage kx3 satnav bluetooth.

If I tried to connect it it would work for about 30 seconds but with no phonebook or call lists and then lock up the car unit so that it required the fuse being pulled to restart it.

I was exploring all the options about getting another phone / dual sim etc but the new windows phone update (7.5 codenamed mango) has fixed everything.
Phonebook / call lists etc all ok.
Connects perfectly every time and people I have spoken to say it is really clear.

Just thought I'd share in case anyone had given up on their windows phone.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks I have a Samsung OMNIA 7 Windows Phone (the one T-Mobile bricked following the NODO update) now all I need is the Mango update and the car, good to know it will work though!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Update I got the Mango update and the car, the Samsung Omnia 7 phone was discovered by bluetooth, once but has never successfully connected. I have removed it and added it back in (when the car can find it), I have even reset the sat nav back to factory defaults. Not sure pulling the fuse will work, probably either have a faulty phone or need the Tango updat, works fine with a blackberry, anyone else had any success with windows phone 7.x ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts