Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oo er missus .....

I know its too early but thought I would ask, picked up my new KX3 last night and drove home along 8 mile dual cariageway. It didnt seem too windy outside but both the wife and I found the wind noise from the sunroof area quite noticeable.

It may be that its because I cannot recall the last car I had which had a factory fitted sunroof or that, compared to my old merc coupe the Sportage is shaped like a brick and I have to admit turning up radio is a great remedy for all noises

But just wondered what other owners thoughts are? I spect we will probably get used to it in time.

My biggest problem is I have had to work away from hom til weekend and my new pride and joy is parked up in the drive and I cant fiddle and play with it
so will probably have to wait until weekend to enjoy the thrill of trying to pair my iphone with the machine!

Dealer was trying to sell me on a set of side steps for the Sportage but couldnt show me an example - anyone out there per chance have a set installed with a silver colour sportage? Would love to see a pic

·
Registered
4 Posts
The wife and I picked up our new Sprotage last night and we both found the wind noise from the sunroof very noticeable. However, I don't think either or us have ever owned a car with a sunroof before

·
Registered
64 Posts
My 2cents

If you have the roof cover open (slide back) the noise is more proeminent. This was the same on my renault megane with sunroof.

I guess the covers act as some kind of noise reduction thing.

I tend to drive with the sunroof open around town and close it on the motorways sun roof cover included.

on another topic i found pairing my android easy peasy, and the quality of the call was great

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
My one does the same, I think you will find it is that fabric wind deflector that causes most of the noise. It is also good for catching bugs... try cleaning that off!!
Like pirespt I just open it round town.

·
Registered
17 Posts
My sunroof is very noisy when closed! There is a way of resetting it - its in the manual, but this didnt cure my noise.
If I reach up and put a little downward pressure on it the noise disappears - I suspect that it needs some fine tuning but havent had a chance to look at it yet.

My previous car gave no noise whatsoever when the roof was closed so i am sure my Sportage is not set correctly.

Lloyd.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Is there any where on line we can view these TSB
Think I'll be waiting till the 32nd of octember for the dealer to contact me in these things
I would say it's our right to know if any updates after all we have spent a lot of dosh in these cars

·
Registered
662 Posts
Dealers don't contact customers ref TSB's only Recall or Some Service actions TSB's are issued to dealers to aid them in a standardized fix for a specific issue not all sportage sunroofs will be making a wind noise but those thatare then get fixed using the TSB as issued
have you made your dealer aware of the issue ?

why having spent a lot of money are you then prepared to do your own repairs when built into the purchase price of the car is a 7 year warranty? and then risk the dealer saying that you have invalidated the warranty by carrying out an unauthorized or incorrect repair.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Never mentioned anything about doin repairs ma sell
Just would be nice to be kept in the loop if Somthin needs done or might need done the buying public should have free access to this info that's all I'm saying
And of course the warranty should sort out these teething problems

·
Registered
662 Posts
Craig w said:
Just would be nice to be kept in the loop if Something needs done or might need done the buying public should have free access to this info that's all I'm saying

why?

do any other manufactures of goods publish fixes or even issue information on the workings or repair of their goodscan't remember Apple issuing any paperwork as to why their phones didn't work or what they did to improve the reception or why when you go to i tunes it downloads another version i am sure who ever you work for doesn't tell the public or its buyers about each and every failure and its proposed fix

the facts are that if the issue is safety related and is common to all a specific vehicle chassis range then thats a recall and all customer will be contacted if the issue is common to a range and not safety related then its a service action and any work will be done at the vehicles next service as a product improvement. if its not common to the range but does appear to be common across the network then a TSB is sometime issued to help standardize the repair procedure and the car is fixed when the customer reports a fault to the dealer not his best mate down the pub

so if you want your roof fixed best tell your dealer thats all i am saying

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Viking Paul
Be very careful about suggesting that people contact their dealer rather than airing their problems on the forum before contacting them. When I suggested that contacting the dealer was the best thing to do a few weeks ago I was verbally abused on this site (posts removed), was accused of working for Kiaand had an abusive private mail. Suppose if you are accused of working for Kia they would be getting something correct.

Paul

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I have just received my Sportage and noticed that the sunroof noise occurs in my car over 60 mph. Even my wife said that it sounded wrong. I was wondering if anyone had a repair via the dealer, I only ask as I will call them tomorrow.

Kind Regards,

Jez

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi.

I had the same problem, anything above 55 and the wind noise is horrible. I looked at it myself and have found that the roof does not sit tight enough when closed.

I went to the Kia dealer in Swindon (Very Helpful) and he said it can be fixed if you take it to a dealer and should take about 2 hours (Warrantee though) I have yet to get mine done but then i only got it on monday and have spent the last 4 days trying to resolve the blue tooth and sat nav TMC issue.

Regards

shaun.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Called the dealer and they are going to sort it next week. I have had the Sportage for 24 hours now and LOVE IT!! People at work laughed when I said I was getting one, but when it turned up most admitted it was a great choice.

I had a problem with the Bluetooth (Blackberry 8900) where the phone connected at first but after turning off the car and then restarting it the headunit went crazy!! It kept saying "PAIRING FAILED, PAIRING FAILED, etc" and the only way to clear was to power off the car.

However it turns out that the Blackberry has a few setting that the Kia hates. I found a post on the Internet that fixed it and now it works perfectly.
  1. Delete the pairing on both devices
  2. Set the phone bluetooth option "Connect on Power Up" to NO
  3. Pair the phone and Sportage
  4. Now set the Sportage entry in the phone to encryption disabled
The wifes iPhone works perfectly out of the box (git).

1 - 20 of 29 Posts