Kia Owners Club Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've got it too. Annoying whistle just as you go above 70mph.
I've tried closing mirrors on the move, tried closing air vents, checked Windows but it's still there.
I don't have any roof bars, bike frames or boxes fitted on the roof...
Can't pin point it and it's f*****g annoying!!!!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Im the same, have done 16000 km since January and its really starting to annoy me that I cant find it, Ill call to the garage when I get back from sea to find out any info

·
Registered
216 Posts
Hi. I've been reading in an italian forum about the matter. They sorted it out putting some stuffing into the groove (see pic in link, right hand side of the car) all along from the headlight till the black plastic. Some have used autoadhesive foam, some others plastic strings. There is a sugestion about to use silicone as a filler (a bit too much to me).
http://sportage2011.altervista.org/viewtopic.php?f=167&t=12390#p278225

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
I had a similar noise a few years back, on another make of car, and it was poor adhesion of the windscreen. Get a passenger to push against the edge of the screen, to see if the noise stops. Only cure was to remove screen and re-fit.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Othysseus said:
Hi. I've been reading in an italian forum about the matter. They sorted it out putting some stuffing into the groove (see pic in link, right hand side of the car) all along from the headlight till the black plastic. Some have used autoadhesive foam, some others plastic strings. There is a sugestion about to use silicone as a filler (a bit too much to me).
http://sportage2011.altervista.org/viewtopic.php?f=167&t=12390#p278225
Good work man, going to give it a try!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

I had the same issue. I went to my local dealership and the problem was from my headlights. There is a gap beneath the headlight and that's the source of the sound. They had it fixed but recently it started again. I will try and fix it by myself. I will post a fix if it's successful.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2016 First edition and a whistling comes from the drivers side windowe area at 70mph which is annoying, any suggestions such as tightening the latch plate slightly?

·
Registered
832 Posts
bazkiely said:
This may sound silly but sit at 70 mph or less and save your whistling sanity and your driving license lol
have you tried folding the mirrors in at 70 to see if it changes ( as long as it is safe to do so to test) this will confirm its the window and not air coming of the mirrors air flow can be disrupted so easy

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes tried folding the mirries in ad still there, its a high pitched whistle, and yes I appreciate i shouldnt be doing pver 70 , but still annoying in a 18minth old car. Wonder if the latch plate on door has moved fractionally?

Also I have had two electric handbrake switches fail, possibly the breakage occurred when someone tried to release the handbrake, which can only happen automatically once seatbelt and foot on brake occurs upon starting, all a bit odd at times, when broken its a bit of a fiddle with the swithc to engage the hand brake. Has anyone else encounter problems with this. I believe the First edition is the only model with the electronic handbrake.

·
Registered
832 Posts
AndrewW said:
Yes tried folding the mirries in ad still there, its a high pitched whistle, and yes I appreciate i shouldnt be doing pver 70 , but still annoying in a 18minth old car.  Wonder if the latch plate on door has moved fractionally?

Also I have had two electric handbrake switches fail, possibly the breakage occurred when someone tried to release the handbrake, which can only happen automatically once seatbelt and foot on brake occurs upon starting, all a bit odd at times, when broken its a bit of a fiddle with the swithc to engage the hand brake. Has anyone else encounter problems with this. I believe the First edition is the only model with the electronic handbrake.
hi try getting some good masking tape and masking the door gap all round on drivers Side bit of a potch getting in the passenger side, but you can eliminate each door shut, and bonnet , headlight, to find exactly where it's coming from and when you find it you can then reduce the tape from the offending panel. This is how they used to do it in the old days

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just Bought a 2017 EX and noticed the described noise on 70 mph to 85 mph !!1 Reading through the comments now . but if any had solved the problem please advise

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Just Bought a 2017 EX and noticed the described noise on 70 mph to 85 mph !!
Welcome to the forum, 'Hany'.

Which country is home to this vehicle? In the UK, we are not allowed to drive at more than 70 mph as it's illegal. From what you have described, it seems as though at speeds under 70 mph, you don't have the problem so if you are using the vehicle in the UK and stay within the legal limit, it's win-win - you don't have the whistling problem and the rest of the population will be just a little safer, as will you!

21 - 36 of 36 Posts