Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I bought a 2016 Kia Ceed on Friday and have just joined this forum. It is fitted with Heko Wind deflectors on all four windows. I took it out yesterday and was really disappointed with the noise level at 70 miles an hour. My question is this. Is the Ceed noisy anyway at 70 miles an hour or is it these wind deflectors that increase wind noise? If so, are they easy to remove? Thanks for any helpful replies

·
Registered
Fusion white 2014 Proceed GT Tech
541 Posts
Hi Davy, welcome to the forum!

Heko deflectors are just a push fit, augmented by metal clips, as you can see here. They should be easy to remove, and refit if required.

I think the only way to establish if the Ceed is noisy for you is to remove them and see. My Proceed (same generation as your Ceed, but three doors) isn't unduly noisy for me. Depends what you are used to.

If you don't like the deflectors, you can always sell them on this forum of course... ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello Gdh300 and thanks for your reply. I will try taking them off sometime in the next few days and let you know how I get on. Thanks again for your reply

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
Push fit deflectors can cause the window not to shut fully if out of line or too tight, remember the motor is designed to stop if senses some resistance. So any tightness at the top is going to cause window not to fully shut.
Which is why I prefer the stick on ones.

·
Premium Member
3,536 Posts
Welcome Davy. This is the forum to use for other comments/questions you may have as details will be lost here! 😕 🤗 See here:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts