Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Registered
2018 Sportage Edition 25
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought the genuine sportage wind deflectors from NWG Parts and I'm looking for any advice you all might have or where else you might be able to direct me for advice.

I've fitted both driver and passenger side deflectors and they fit perfect (fitting was dead easy too) and the driver side window goes up and down perfect every time. However the passenger side window now always sticks when going back up. I can get it back up fully when I pull over and get someone to operate the switch while I help the window back into the channel but that's no good when I'm on the move.

Like I say drivers side works fine but passenger side basically makes it that you can't lower the window because it won't go back up, which sort of defeats the purpose.

Any help and advice is greatly appreciated.

All the best,
Andrew.

Super Moderator
Hi & Welcome
Have you got a link to the item? (can't see then on their site)

As I'm not aware of Kia selling official wind deflectors.

Personally I have wind deflectors on mine. But always go for the stick on versions, as the ones that fit in the channels put more load on winder motor.

Super Moderator
So it isn't an issue with the window. The only thing I can think of is the moulding on the deflector is not quite right and is stopping the window.

Registered
2018 Sportage Edition 25
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So it isn't an issue with the window. The only thing I can think of is the moulding on the deflector is not quite right and is stopping the window.
Yeah window was fine before I fitted it and when I took it off as a test. I've currently got it on and not playing with that window at all (been about a week of that now) to see if it reshapes enough to work normally. I've emailed NWG as well to see if they've had anything similar reported, so I'll see what they come back with.

Frustrating, but at least it's winter, not as tempted to have the windows down so often!

Super Moderator
A couple of thoughts, maybe the tolerances are a bit tight and the cold weather has made the deflector shrink slightly, it might be better once it is warmed up. My other thought is maybe some furniture polish along the edge where the window meets it.

Super Moderator

Registered
2017 Sportage GT Line S - 1.6T DCT
Best advice - just return them for refund.
The Sportage doesn't suffer any buffeting from the windows so wind deflectors are entirely pointless uglification devices.

As they're not needed, save yourself the money & hassle with them.

Registered
If it helps I've got the same on my Sport (wind defenders), passenger side perfect fit, drivers side took a bit of time to settle in (18 months back in summer time)...used Mr Machine polish around window rubbers (sprayed onto a cloth and wiped rubbers then let dry)......I think your fighting against the weather at present though......all the best which ever direction you go...I can't knock them 馃槉

Registered
2018 Sportage Edition 25
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If it helps I've got the same on my Sport (wind defenders), passenger side perfect fit, drivers side took a bit of time to settle in (18 months back in summer time)...used Mr Machine polish around window rubbers (sprayed onto a cloth and wiped rubbers then let dry)......I think your fighting against the weather at present though......all the best which ever direction you go...I can't knock them 馃槉
Nice one. Good to hear I'm not the only one. And this seems like a solid solution but yes, weather might be the main factor for now. I'll see how I go. Thanks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts