Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi ,
stinger booked in for mid april for 1st 6month sevice .got an e-mail today kia garage closing as are 3/4 in the local area .
now ,if these dont open which isnt looking very likely,what happens to my 7yr warranty.??????.
e-mail kia uk. there response ,find another garage . tried that and found out 3 more closing today .
so kia what happens now ???? ,are you going to honour the warranty ,after all its very day we have a pandemic .

·
Super Moderator
2,445 Posts
There is a thread in KCS section on this matter. We are awaiting Kia to come to decision. But if you had a service booked and garage cancelled it due to Covid 19 then I think they would be hard pressed to deny any warranty claims going forward.

·
Super Moderator
3,168 Posts
My booking for annual service on 1st April has been brought forward a week and is today!
Wessex Cardiff are going to close for 3 weeks soon - as are VW in Newport where my wife's Scirocco was recently serviced too.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I've been wondering this very thing. Mine is due in May but my assumption is that if the Gov advice is to 'stay at home ' still then, taking my car for a service is 'not one form of exercise' or to get essential supplies so I won't be taking it. I'd be extremely surprised if KIA penalised us for this considering this is a time of national emergency - terrible PR for them if they are seen to encourage their owners to flaunt this vital advice with essentially the threat of financial penalties. Also, I'm hardly using the car, so from a milage point of view, there's no issues there, and I expect this will be a the case for most of us.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Same here. Mine's booked in 4 weeks time for it's 2 year service. I would be very surprised if Kia along with most manufacturers didn't take the current crisis into consideration. If they don't, then I'd reconsider buying another one.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Mine's due and booked in for the last Thursday in April. As above, if this were to potentially cause any problems with regards to warranty going forwards then there's absolutely no way I'd ever consider another Kia. Ever!

·
Registered
77 Posts
I am quite sure KIA, and every other car manufacturer, are considering this issue right now. They wIll be made by the global head offices of the companies, not by the head offices of individual countries, and given the current situation I doubt if it’s going to be a decision taken hastily

·
Registered
519 Posts
Got me worried now, when I picked up my new 3.3 my dealer as a favour agreed to sell my 2.0 Stinger for a fee which I agreed better deal then part x, it sold the first week but buyer could not pick up for 5 weeks till his lease car went back I agreed, after six weeks we had not heard from buyer even though he had left a large deposit ! turns out he had had a massive heart attack day before picking up car and is still unwell so his wife said don't know yet if he still wants the car agreed for dealer to sell again if he can but still keep deposit in case husband recovers quickly, since then 5 weeks now car still up for sale in showroom ! just realized 2nd service due 2 weeks ago unable to contact showroom as dealer in shut worried now may affect the warranty not only that interest building up on new Stinger:mad::mad:

·
Registered
483 Posts
Valid question asked on that thread, as KCS talk about current warranty claims still being honored - what about problems in the future once a service has already been carried out late?

But anyway, I'm fairly satisfied by Kias answer.

Hope everyone isn't too bored at home!

·
Registered
519 Posts
Was bored, had to go out today put it in sport mode boredom goneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee 🤣 🤣

1 - 15 of 15 Posts