Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Today I noticed that I'm not getting traffic/camera info when hotspotting to my 67 plate gt.

Update is, it seems patchy so I need to do some investigations. It warned me of a red light cam, then the icon greyed out, then disappeared. Phone or unit I wonder.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Two scenarios,
Chesterfield to Nottingham - no camera info or traffic showing even though there was a 50 section (may have been too recent, or not enough to register).

Round nottingham - no camera icon, then after a quick restart of the engine, everything showed up after reconnecting. Came to a red light camera, the car dinged as it should. It was a red light and as I sat there, I watched the camera icon grey out, then vanish about 10secs later. It didn't return but when I got home and checked, WiFi was still reported as connected by phone and car.

My first thought was phone signal but the car showed full bars on the screen, alongside the WiFi and battery icons. Plus, I can't believe it would be a signal issue all the way across the derby/Notts border and round the city.

It's using the phone hot-spot, launched manually on the phone, no delay in the car/phone registering the connection.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Might be worth deleting the Wi-Fi link/hotspot on both car and phone and redo, it won't do any harm and will eliminate any possible corruption. When my mine connects I get a couple of messages flash up, I can't remember the exact wording, but the first is along the top of the media screen and says "the name of my Wi-Fi link is connected." The second message fills most the screen and says something along the lines of "data downloaded and is available." It is usually a minute between the messages.
Mine is was definitely working today, we have a roadworks nearby with temporary average speed camera's and the car is warning me about them as I pass them.
Not a bad shout. I'll reset both tomorrow. Should have done it earlier but had other things to do.
I get the first message each time I turn on the phone hotspot but haven't been seeing the second message. Clearly not a provider outage so hopefully a reset will sort it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.