Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Several known car companies with competitive cars models are available worldwide, but do you prefer KIA? What are the factors that made you choose KIA over other brands?

Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly. Have proper attention on driving and take a look on choosehottubsdirect reviews & choosehottubsdirect.com reviews. Stop kissing a sexy lady while you drive because you simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.Edited by: allison9959

·
Registered
82 Posts
I bought Kia because I didn't want a Ford Focus, the Audi A3 & BMW 1 series where to expensive for the cash I had, the French models don't have a good reputation & at the time I felt theKia ceedwith 7yr warrantee wasa goodmidle of the road car, I wanted to buy 2nd hand 2-3yr old max & had my car + £7k cash. the A3 & BMW had to many miles & where at least 4yrs old with only six months warrantee left, myCeed still has 4yrs.
Hope the answer wasn't too long :p

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well, I have KIA for three weeks now, I`m starting to get hang of it and I`m starting to like it but not loving it just yet, it`s early stages, it`s like having a baby toy!

But, this car is really strong, safe and reliable!

In future, I will trade my car and I possibly want Ceed!!!

stevie:)

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I see a lot of Audi's and Mercedes broken down on the hard shoulder. Not seen a Kia yet.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Trading My skoda fabia estatein tomorrow for a Cee'd because i got a good price and it was the best car to drive of the ones i tested ( new shape fabia, seat ibiza anda bmw116d (slightly older with higher mileage)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well my thoughts are like Sir Ralph Richardson who said
"Masochism dear boy sheer masochism."

Love the bone shattering, unsprung ride of the Picanto.

(The potholes here in Somerset are nearly as deep as the Cheddar Gorge.)

As well as the totally over the top advertised mpg figures.

Finally the offer of the sales force for a service contract which was pure comedy.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
bonzo853 said:
Well my thoughts are like Sir Ralph Richardson who said
"Masochism dear boy sheer masochism."

Love the bone shattering, unsprung ride of the Picanto.

(The potholes here in Somerset are nearly as deep as the Cheddar Gorge.)

As well as the totally over the top advertised mpg figures.

Finally the offer of the sales force for a service contract which was pure comedy.

Another satisfied customer!

·
Registered
100 Posts
I owned a Fiat Multipla which honestly was a great car but I couldn't live without a heater or handbrake in the very bad weather. I traded it in for a Grand Scenic. What a disaster that was! Major electronic problems. I see it just came second worst behind the Discovery as the most unreliable car in Europe!! I traded that in (and got a good price as well!) for my 05 plate Carens auto diesel with only 30k on the clock. I bought it because it had few fancy electronics and from what I could see is well built although the gearbox hasn't been brilliant. However I found out how to reset it last week and it's much better to drive now. I now have to get the cambelt changed and also get it serviced. So apart from the problems with the box and the interior noise it's great!

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I have the Soul and I love the fact that it is very different from most other cars on the road. Drives like a Ford , build quality of a VW, 7 year warranty like no other manufacturer. Just a good all round VFM unique piece of kit.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Can't think of much to add to all the reasons already given, except to add that the running costs are far better than most (possibly all)comparable 5 door hatchbacks.

Kojack's reply is almost identical to my "Scenario" for purchasing my Cee'd SR7.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Traded my year old Alfa Sportswagon 2 ltr for a Sorento XS..Different ball game but what a great 4x4.....i own a few small companies and as i sell Korean Car Accessories it was ideal for a demo..since then have bought a 2003 Sedona 2.9 Auto 5Seat Commercial and a 2006 Carnival GSE manual...great value, reliable and turns heads...cost effective...just the plastics a little soft..otherwise excellent

Taff

·
Registered
473 Posts
Had a Hyundai accent before traded it in for 2008 Kia Rio GS, Hyundai was simply amazing. Had it 6 years with no faults, seemed to enjoy going off road, through deep floods and everything, yet no mechanical problems ever occurred. Traded it in for a newer, more practical car (5 doors), wanted to go for another Hyundai, but found this one, then realised its the same company anyway. Had the car 12 months now, and loved everything about it. Space, way it drives, comfort (ok ish) but most of all the reliability of it. The fuel consumption doesn't seem too bad, after all, cruised about 70 up and down hills and motorways, got over 300 miles on less than a full tank (£45) on a hot day with air con on...

·
Registered
158 Posts
Simply what you get for your money.

If I were to get what I get in my Sportage in an Audi Q5 or BMW X3 then I'd easily be paying double the price - probably more.

Also the reliability tests ands reviews of KIA were pretty good - not to mention the peace of mind with the 7year warranty - again something that you'd have to pay and extra £500+ for to have with another manufacturer.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Apart from what I deem to be quite normal for a car on 75k (anti roll bars knocked) I've had no concern or major issues during my 4 years of Ceed ownership.

Have one of the first Pro Ceeds on release I was shocked at the amount of head turning and comments that are still present to this day, even more so with the alloys.

A paint issue on the boot and lower door /sill alignment being attack by stone chips concluded in no quibble resprays on two occasions.

Being that happy with the car and service, the wife purchased a Picanto 3 a year after mine.

My Pro 3's full of goodies that I would of had to pay £1000's more if by another make, sill protectors - rear spoiler - leather wheel and gear knob - sports pedals - 17" alloys - climate and cruise to name a few !!!!!!!

I've mentioned before but my Pro is the first car that I would trade in for exactly the same if money permitted.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I have owned Golf's for more years than I care to remember
and was going to replace my old GTI with a TDI but they are so damn expensive
now and reliability seems more of an issue.

<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

As I really like the styling of the pro-ceed, know a couple
of people who own Kia's that are very happy with them and have a main dealer
within one mile of where I live I thought I would have a look.

I was totally blown away by the offer they put on the table
(after some haggling) £10K for a one year old Kia approved pro-ceed 3 1.6 CRDI
with sub 13K on the clock extended warranty, free break down cover and 0%
finance. I guess that is what swung it for me. I also took out a service
contract as hopefully with a dealership approved service contract and warranty
unexpected bills should be very low, we will see how that one works out.

I have had the car a couple of months now and like it but am
not blown away by it. I love the styling and the level of ""toys""� and the well
thought out interior.

On the downside I can get no where near the stated MPG but
that is mainly doing a short run on twisty hilly roads to work, it does improve
on A roads and above but still below the stated MPG. The inside does tend to
rattle, especially the glove box, the steering is very notchy when cold and woolly
the rest of the time and the brakes are no better, or worse than my 12 year old
Golf with 130K on the clock, neither is the performance.

All in all I like my ""new""� Kia and think it offers fantastic
value, but I guess I still love Golf's.

If I were a rich man""¦""¦""¦""¦

1 - 20 of 25 Posts