Kia Owners Club Forum banner
161 - 180 of 233 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
So sorry to hear ppl are still waiting I feel for you all! I finally picked up my FE Techno Orange (Diesel manual) yesterday. I must say I love it and it was worth the wait (for the money being paid!) I was a little disappointed that it doesnt come with any mats so have had to order these in and that the USB / I pod connection doesnt work with an i phone but love it all the same.

I spent a while in it last night pairing my phone to the car so I can talk and play my music via Bluetooth which following the manual was pretty easy. There are still a few untried buttons I have yet to push and find out what they do! I havent tested the cruise control either as havent been along the motorway yet.

Compared to driving the little Kia Rio curtsery car that I have had for three months this feels like such a smooth ride! You cant feel any of the bumps in the road and I no longer feel as though I am sitting on the floor whilst driving.

anyway, Loving it, but seriously guys its worth the wait!

CAss :)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #163 ·
Ooo the old 'buy a 20k car and dont get 10 quid mats scenario'.

You should have told them there and then to put mats in the thing!.

I wouldnt have drove mine away without them thats for sure. Suspect you might have missed that boat now. Dealers generally throw them in when pushed to.

Slim

·
Registered
25 Posts
Honestly, the guy must have brushed over the question about 5 times! I got sick of asking he told me they had none in stock and they wouldnt be able to get them for about a month! Well rung Kia direct today, they have them in stock, so spoke to manager at my dealers and they have ordered them, if they think I am paying they can think again! Honestly, your right £20k car with hundreds of fancy knobs (which I still dont know what all of them do!) and you dont even get mats! It makes you laugh really! I am not allowed to wear my work high heels to and from work until the mats come otherwise I will have a whole in the carpet like my previous Mazda LOL

To add to, just checked paper work and they havent put in anything to do with the finance so I have no idea of the due date for the finance, the exact amount, the final payment amount etc... Just called them they cant find it! Honestly I thought once I had this car the nightmare would be over but apparently not! I love my Kia and I as we all have, had a long old wait to get the car, however the dealer has made this whole experience so much worse, and if I ever get a Kia again they will not be the dealer I go through!

Cass :)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #165 ·
Finance will start 1 month ish after delivery.

But if you dont have the whole 'financial keyfacts' info to do with the finance and other such docs then they have been very naughty indeed.

Slim

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yeah I am expecting it to be roughly end of jan beginning of feb but no exact date known. I also know the figure of payments and the final payment but not to the exact penny or pound! There was paperwork signed but they havent given me a copy and now cant find it! Makes you laugh maybe if I kept my mouth shut I would have got it for free LOL

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #167 ·
LOL,
My dealer forgot to take the remaining 600 quid from the deposit off me.

I clocked it after I'ld left of course. They did come mithering for it 1 month later, but they had to replace the scratched steering wheel (scratched at delivery) before I settled that one!

Slim

·
Registered
114 Posts
At last !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy your new car, we told our dealers we wanted mats and after a lot of whining about dealer margins and there was no more money left in the deal, he eventually gave in.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi, Happy for all you New Kia owners - so gutted I still haven't got mine......... Talking about mats - I made it part of the original deal and had them write it on the paper work..Working on other extras due to the delay but doing this direct with Kia.

Happy driving.

·
Registered
9 Posts
hi graham+jane,

i to am waiting for my petrol sportage to arrive, my dealer has said end of jan but kia customer care are not comitting after originally saying april!!! considering the delay i think kia should be offering extras on confirmed orders, have just enquired about mats, would be good if you could share any progress of extras you get offered from kia. i will update once i have heard back from kia ref mats. i think they may be a bit busy at the mo

·
Registered
19 Posts
Also still waiting for FE (petrol / orange). Have been told end of January as well so all of this April talk is a bit of a worry especially as we are due to drive to France in it in March. Deals wise we managed to get £1000 off the list when we bought. Other than that another £400 off (to use for hire car if I wished) and now have a free courtesy car. Seems like Kia are chucking in 2 years of free servicing in so shall hopefully get that but havent mentioned it yet.
Apparantly Kia are having a progress meeting re. delays today so have been told to expect a further update this afternoon / tomorrow.

Is

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi Issy, Look forward to the update, my current car is part of te deal and due to the delays it is due for a MOT and service in March, I could do without the extra cost for a car I am potentially handing over a month later.

I think I might contact the dealer to see about a courtesy car rather than pay out.

Jane

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ive finally given up on any notion of a 2.0 Diesel KX3 Satnav. Told the dealer I wouldsettle for a 1.7 Diesel KX3 Satnav instead but that I would like to test drive the 1.7 diesel to ensure that it was to my liking.
Seems that getting hold of a 1.7 diesel to test drive is like finding hens teeth as the dealer just hasnt been able to do it. Cant fault the dealer at all. It just seems that diesel Sportages are very thin on the ground at the moment.

Ive gone ahead with Plan B and ordered a Mitsubishi ASX4 1.8 Diesel.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Feel like I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. If we cancel FE order we wont get as good a deal for anything similar but am so fed up having initially being told it would be the end of October at Christmas we were told it would be end of Jan and now we are still waiting for a date having been promised at the beginning of last week that last Friday there would be news that changed to last Tuesday and now to tomorrow.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Glad someone has finally recieved and FE thought they are just a myth......... only kidding - just getting frustrated as I have to service, MOT and insure my current car in March - and the last date for a FE is April.........

161 - 180 of 233 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.