Kia Owners Club Forum banner
141 - 160 of 233 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
some of you need to speak to KIA direct as there appears to be a lot of bull being given by some dealers get your dealers to do a UK stock check for the vehicle you want KIA have now changed the way dealers can see stocks and its much clearer now as to what dealer is sat on what stock some dealers took stock and said on the system that the cars were sold this stopped stock being shown to the network this has now been stopped so ask your dealer to check the network stock stories about damaged cars, un-built models, European delays have been exaggerated

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have received a call this morning (car ordered and deposit paid 6th August) from my dealer telling me that it is showing on the system as arriving on the 20th of December so I am hoping and praying that it will be here before that (my dealer did day that it can be a few days either side of that date) then it has to go through the check or whatever has to be done. My dealer has promised me that the day they receive the car they will turn it around the same day so I am praying that it arrives before the 20th so I will have it in time for xmas but I have been told if not then I should expect it the week between xmas and new year.

I am super excited however I seriously feel for everyone who hasn't heard anything yet. I have been told so many different stories by KIA and even when I spoke to my dealer on Monday this week he didn't hold out much hope to have it before Jan, so hang on it there for that phone call! It will come!

I wrote directly to KIA recorded delivery 3 weeks ago and have not heard anything back from them so their customer service is mostdefinitelypoor to say the least! I have been told my the dealer that KIA will be giving everyone that has had to wait 2 years free servicing which saves a good few hundred quid, and that I will have this is writing once I have the car, so if no one has been told this I would get on to your dealer immediately as apparently this is being given to all!

I will let everyone know how it goes and if I do in fact get my car when they say I will! Fingers Crossed (could do with it before the next lot of snow arrives!!) Again for those still waiting hang in there you will get the call!

·
Registered
46 Posts
After reading the problems trying to purchase a new Sportage, the mind boggles

Do other manufacturers have this problem?

If I was in the market for a Sportage I would be looking at other makes ie the Mitsubishi ASX see Honest John Car reports

Cheers

carens 08

·
Registered
3 Posts
Cass 24,

could you tell me the address on which you wrote to KIA directly, I have found just postal address in Slovakia...

Carens08, I likeMitsubishi ASX too, but it is smaller and costs about 3000 euros more.

Ford KUGA with the similar equipment costs about 40000 euros in my country, and SPORTAGE with full equipment 30000 euros.

·
Registered
25 Posts
HI this is the UK address that I wrote to, but dont expect too much of a response as I say I wrote 3-4 weeks ago now by recorded delivery and I have heard nothing. The address is below if you wish to use it.
<div ="largeLeftCol" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 29px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; : left; display: block; width: 630px; height: 10px; min-height: 10px; "><strong style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; color: rgb17, 61, 136; ">Post:<br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">[/b]Kia Customer Services<br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">PO Box 200<br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">Brockhurst Crescent<br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">Bescot<br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">Walsall<br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">WS5 4QZGood Luck!CAss

·
Registered
2 Posts
carens08 said:
After reading the problems trying to purchase a new Sportage, the mind boggles

Do other manufacturers have this problem?

If I was in the market for a Sportage I would be looking at other makes ie the Mitsubishi ASX see Honest John Car reports

Cheers

carens 08

Its funny that you should mention it Carens becuase that exactly what I did.

I visited a Kia dealership and was told that the earliest delivery date for a diesel Sportage 3 Satnav would be March/April of next year at best but probably longer.

Visited Mitsubishi to look at the ASX. I dont think its as good looking a car as the Sportage but there is availablity from stock, depending on the model you want, the price is comparibleand the build lead time is February.

I plan on buying an ASX and keeping it for around 18 months. At that point I'll revisit the Sportage and hopefully by then the 2.0 ltr diesel engine backlog plaguing Kia/Hyundai will have cleared.

Pity though. I really wanted a Sportage.
Edited by: Murphy

·
Registered
662 Posts
<DIV id=>
<DIV =post>
<H2>Head Office in Surrey</H2>
<H1>Kia Motors (UK)</H1>2 The Heights - Brooklands
KT13 0NY - Weybridge
Surrey
Tel. 01932 832000
Fax. 01932 822100

<HR>

<TABLE id=table1 border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=510>
<T>
<TR>
<TD align=left>

< =text/ ="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.../pagead/show_ads.js">

< ="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.../pagead/js/r20101117/r20101206/show_ads_impl.js">

< ="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.../pagead/expansion_.js">

< ="http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/pagead/test_domain.js">

< ="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.../pagead/render_ads.js">

google_protectAndRun("render_ads.js::google_render_ad", google_handleError, google_render_ad);
<INS style="BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; : relative; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; MARGIN: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; WIDTH: 250px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; DISPLAY: inline-table; HEIGHT: 250px; VISIBILITY: ; BORDER-TOP: medium none; BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; PADDING-TOP: 0px"><INS style="BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; : relative; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; MARGIN: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; WIDTH: 250px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; DISPLAY: block; HEIGHT: 250px; VISIBILITY: ; BORDER-TOP: medium none; BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; PADDING-TOP: 0px" id=google_ads_1_anchor></INS></INS></TD>
<TD align=right>

< =text/ ="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.../pagead/show_ads.js">

< ="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.../pagead/js/r20101117/r20101206/show_ads_impl.js">

google_protectAndRun("ads_core.google_render_ad", google_handleError, google_render_ad);
<INS style="BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; : relative; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; MARGIN: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; WIDTH: 250px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; DISPLAY: inline-table; HEIGHT: 250px; VISIBILITY: ; BORDER-TOP: medium none; BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; PADDING-TOP: 0px"><INS style="BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; : relative; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; MARGIN: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; WIDTH: 250px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; DISPLAY: block; HEIGHT: 250px; VISIBILITY: ; BORDER-TOP: medium none; BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; PADDING-TOP: 0px" id=google_ads_2_anchor></INS></INS></TD></TR></T></TABLE>
<HR>

<DIV style=": relative; : #e5e3df; WIDTH: 510px; HEIGHT: 510px" id=>
<DIV style=": ; WIDTH: 100%; HEIGHT: 100%; OVERFLOW: ; TOP: 0px; LEFT: 0px">
<DIV style=": 0; : ; TOP: 19px; CURSOR: http://s.gstatic.../intl/en_ALL/s/hand_8_8.cur, default; LEFT: 0px">
<DIV style=": ; DISPLAY: none; TOP: 0px; LEFT: 0px">
<DIV style=": 0; : ; TOP: 0px; LEFT: 0px">

<DIV style=": ; TOP: 0px; LEFT: 0px">
<DIV style=": 0; : ; TOP: 0px; LEFT: 0px">

<DIV style=": 100; : ; TOP: 0px; LEFT: 0px">

<DIV style=": 101; : ; TOP: 0px; LEFT: 0px">

<DIV style=": 102; : ; TOP: 0px; LEFT: 0px">

<DIV style=": 103; : ; TOP: 0px; LEFT: 0px">

<DIV style=": 104; : ; TOP: 0px; CURSOR: default; LEFT: 0px">

<DIV style=": 105; : ; TOP: 0px; LEFT: 0px">
<DIV style=": ; TOP: 122px; LEFT: 198px" =gmnoprint>
<DIV style=": 1; : ; : progid:DXTrans.Microsoft.AlphaLoadersizingMethod=scale,='http://s.gstatic.../intl/en_ALL/s/transparent.png'; WIDTH: 70px; HEIGHT: 30px; OVERFLOW: ; TOP: 0px; LEFT: 56px">

<DIV style=": 1; : ; : progid:DXTrans.Microsoft.AlphaLoadersizingMethod=scale,='http://s.gstatic.../intl/en_ALL/s/transparent.png'; WIDTH: 70px; HEIGHT: 30px; OVERFLOW: ; TOP: 0px; LEFT: 285px">

<DIV style=": 1; : ; : progid:DXTrans.Microsoft.AlphaLoadersizingMethod=scale,='http://s.gstatic.../intl/en_ALL/s/transparent.png'; WIDTH: 70px; HEIGHT: 60px; OVERFLOW: ; TOP: 57px; LEFT: 0px">

<DIV style=": 1; : ; : progid:DXTrans.Microsoft.AlphaLoadersizingMethod=scale,='http://s.gstatic.../intl/en_ALL/s/transparent.png'; WIDTH: 70px; HEIGHT: 60px; OVERFLOW: ; TOP: 57px; LEFT: 259px">

<DIV style=": 1; : ; : progid:DXTrans.Microsoft.AlphaLoadersizingMethod=scale,='http://s.gstatic.../intl/en_ALL/s/transparent.png'; WIDTH: 140px; HEIGHT: 60px; OVERFLOW: ; TOP: 57px; LEFT: 70px">

<DIV style=": ; WIDTH: 159px; HEIGHT: 30px; OVERFLOW: ; TOP: 0px; LEFT: 126px">
<DIV style="WIDTH: 640px; HEIGHT: 30px; OVERFLOW: ">

<DIV style=": ; WIDTH: 97px; BOTTOM: -1px; HEIGHT: 27px; OVERFLOW: ; TOP: 30px; LEFT: 29px">

<DIV style=": ; WIDTH: 97px; BOTTOM: -1px; HEIGHT: 27px; OVERFLOW: ; TOP: 30px; LEFT: 288px">

<DIV style=": ; WIDTH: 0px; HEIGHT: 60px; OVERFLOW: ; TOP: 57px; LEFT: 70px">
<DIV style="WIDTH: 320px; HEIGHT: 60px; OVERFLOW: ">

<DIV style=": ; WIDTH: 49px; HEIGHT: 60px; OVERFLOW: ; TOP: 57px; LEFT: 210px">
<DIV style="WIDTH: 320px; HEIGHT: 60px; OVERFLOW: ">

<DIV style=": ; WIDTH: 162px; HEIGHT: 27px; OVERFLOW: ; TOP: 30px; LEFT: 126px">
<DIV style="WIDTH: 640px; HEIGHT: 598px; OVERFLOW: ">

<DIV style=": 106; : ; TOP: 0px; LEFT: 0px">

<DIV style=": 107; : ; TOP: 0px; CURSOR: default; LEFT: 0px">
<DIV style=": ; TOP: 9px; LEFT: 174px" =gmnoprint>
<DIV style=": 10; : relative; WIDTH: 249px; HEIGHT: 144px; TOP: 0px; LEFT: 0px" =gmnoprint>
Full-screen

<DIV style=": 10; : ; WIDTH: 217px; HEIGHT: 112px; TOP: 16px; LEFT: 16px">
<DIV Wm="0" SA="null">
<H2>Kia Motors (UK)</H2>2 The Heights - Brooklands
KT13 0NY - Weybridge
Surrey

<DIV style=": 1; : ; : progid:DXTrans.Microsoft.AlphaLoadersizingMethod=scale,='http://s.gstatic.../intl/en_ALL/s/transparent.png'; WIDTH: 25px; HEIGHT: 25px; OVERFLOW: ; TOP: 0px; LEFT: 0px">

<DIV style=": 1; : ; : progid:DXTrans.Microsoft.AlphaLoadersizingMethod=scale,='http://s.gstatic.../intl/en_ALL/s/transparent.png'; WIDTH: 25px; HEIGHT: 25px; OVERFLOW: ; TOP: 0px; LEFT: 224px">

<DIV style=": 1; : ; : progid:DXTrans.Microsoft.AlphaLoadersizingMethod=scale,='http://s.gstatic.../intl/en_ALL/s/transparent.png'; WIDTH: 97px; HEIGHT: 96px; OVERFLOW: ; TOP: 119px; LEFT: 76px">

<DIV style=": 1; : ; : progid:DXTrans.Microsoft.AlphaLoadersizingMethod=scale,='http://s.gstatic.../intl/en_ALL/s/transparent.png'; WIDTH: 25px; HEIGHT: 25px; OVERFLOW: ; TOP: 119px; LEFT: 0px">

<DIV style=": 1; : ; : progid:DXTrans.Microsoft.AlphaLoadersizingMethod=scale,='http://s.gstatic.../intl/en_ALL/s/transparent.png'; WIDTH: 25px; HEIGHT: 25px; OVERFLOW: ; TOP: 119px; LEFT: 224px">

<DIV style=": ; : white; WIDTH: 199px; HEIGHT: 25px; BORDER-TOP: #ababab 1px solid; TOP: 0px; LEFT: 25px">

<DIV style=": ; BORDER-LEFT: #ababab 1px solid; : white; WIDTH: 247px; HEIGHT: 94px; TOP: 25px; BORDER-RIGHT: #ababab 1px solid; LEFT: 0px">

<DIV style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #ababab 1px solid; : ; : white; WIDTH: 199px; HEIGHT: 24px; TOP: 119px; LEFT: 25px">

<DIV style=": 0; : ; BOTTOM: 2px; LEFT: 2px" =gmnoprint unable="on">

<DIV style=": 0; : ; TEXT-ALIGN: right; BOTTOM: 2px; FONT-FAMILY: Arial,sans-serif; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 11px; RIGHT: 3px" dir=ltr unable="on">Map data ©2010 Tele Atlas - Terms of Use

<DIV style=": 0; : ; WIDTH: 37px; HEIGHT: 94px; TOP: 7px; LEFT: 7px" =gmnoprint unable="on">

<DIV style=": ; : alphaopacity=1; : white; WIDTH: 18px; HEIGHT: 18px; TOP: 0px; CURSOR: pointer; LEFT: 9px" title="Pan up">

<DIV style=": ; : alphaopacity=1; : white; WIDTH: 18px; HEIGHT: 18px; TOP: 18px; CURSOR: pointer; LEFT: 0px" title="Pan left">

<DIV style=": ; : alphaopacity=1; : white; WIDTH: 18px; HEIGHT: 18px; TOP: 18px; CURSOR: pointer; LEFT: 18px" title="Pan right">

<DIV style=": ; : alphaopacity=1; : white; WIDTH: 18px; HEIGHT: 18px; TOP: 36px; CURSOR: pointer; LEFT: 9px" title="Pan down">

<DIV style=": ; : alphaopacity=1; : white; WIDTH: 18px; HEIGHT: 18px; TOP: 57px; CURSOR: pointer; LEFT: 9px" title="Zoom In">

<DIV style=": ; : alphaopacity=1; : white; WIDTH: 18px; HEIGHT: 18px; TOP: 75px; CURSOR: pointer; LEFT: 9px" title="Zoom Out">

<DIV style=": 0; : ; WIDTH: 204px; FONT-FAMILY: Arial,sans-serif; HEIGHT: 17px; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: small; TOP: 7px; RIGHT: 7px" =gmnoprint unable="on">
<DIV style="BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1px solid; : ; TEXT-ALIGN: center; BORDER-LEFT: black 1px solid; : white; WIDTH: 5em; BORDER-TOP: black 1px solid; CURSOR: pointer; RIGHT: 10.2em; BORDER-RIGHT: black 1px solid" title="Show street ">
<DIV style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #6c9ddf 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #345684 1px solid; FONT-SIZE: 12px; BORDER-TOP: #345684 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: bold; BORDER-RIGHT: #6c9ddf 1px solid">Map

<DIV style="BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1px solid; : ; TEXT-ALIGN: center; BORDER-LEFT: black 1px solid; : white; WIDTH: 5em; BORDER-TOP: black 1px solid; CURSOR: pointer; RIGHT: 5.1em; BORDER-RIGHT: black 1px solid" title="Show satellite ry">
<DIV style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #b0b0b0 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: white 1px solid; FONT-SIZE: 12px; BORDER-TOP: white 1px solid; BORDER-RIGHT: #b0b0b0 1px solid">Satellite

<DIV style="BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1px solid; : ; TEXT-ALIGN: center; BORDER-LEFT: black 1px solid; : white; WIDTH: 5em; BORDER-TOP: black 1px solid; CURSOR: pointer; RIGHT: 0em; BORDER-RIGHT: black 1px solid" title="Show ry with street names">
<DIV style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #b0b0b0 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: white 1px solid; FONT-SIZE: 12px; BORDER-TOP: white 1px solid; BORDER-RIGHT: #b0b0b0 1px solid">Hybrid

< method=post =/inserisci-commento.php>
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width="100%" =#efefef>
<T>
<TR>
<TD></TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD></TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD></TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD></TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD></TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>

document.write("");

http://captchas.net/

</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD></TD></TR></T></TABLE>

<DIV id=sidebar>http://...find-whatyou-search.net/add-company.php

<DIV id=sidebar>
<UL>
<LI id=categories></LI>[/list]

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hy, thank you very much for your reply. I thought that you wrote directly to Slovakia, Zilina where their factory is, but they just give the postal address.I live in Croatia, Dubrovnik.

Thanks anyway.

I am really dissapointed since they treat us like second grade customers.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Hi

I have no idea what models they are but when I called at Draycotts in Sutton in Ashfield this morning I spotted a new Sportage outside plus 2 in the showroom all awaiting a buyer. Worth a call possobly.

Paul

·
Registered
13 Posts
I ordered the sportage FE on the 3rd September - been tracking it since and the latest updated is via KIA is "the car should be in the country end of January but that does not mean it will be with the dealer until mid Feb depending on customes". I'm not holding out much hope before mid feb. If anyone has a way of tracking their car I would appreciae an update. On a seperat issue I've found that Kia gives different dates to Griffin Mill ( I think their are kept in the dark as much as me - talking to them we are both frustrated with the situation - we keep each other informed).

·
Registered
13 Posts
I ordered the sportage FE on the 3rd September - been tracking it since and the latest updated is via KIA is "the car should be in the country end of January but that does not mean it will be with the dealer until mid Feb depending on customes". I'm not holding out much hope before mid feb. If anyone has a way of tracking their car I would appreciae an update. On a seperat issue I've found that Kia gives different dates to Griffin Mill ( I think their are kept in the dark as much as me - talking to them we are both frustrated with the situation - we keep each other informed).

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am also waiting for a FE petrol to arrive, i have been told by KIA customer care that the new eta will be april 2011. they have offered 2 years servicing and will be covering the additional vat increase. i work in the motor trade and after having experienced the very long delay on the new jaguar xj these things do happen to most manufacturerson some new models.the most frustrating thing for me is not knowing this before comitting to buy a new sportage, i have personally never brought a new car so this has really taken the shine off the experience for me and my family. my wife has set her heart on thisvehicle but as the months go by my head isgiving me doubts as to wether or not i really want to wait for this car or go to a different manufacturer. i have never owned a kia before and maybe this is a bit of a sign......???

good luck to anyone else out there waiting.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Today my dealer here in Sweden have an ad i the newspaper:

Model: Sportage 1,7 CrDi 2WD, 7 cars in stock with varying equipmentlevels ready for delivery.

There seems to bee a rather odd preference inproduction at the European factory

< ="utf-8">

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #157 ·
mrlobster said:
I am also waiting for a FE petrol to arrive, i have been told by KIA customer care that the new eta will be april 2011. they have offered 2 years servicing and will be covering the additional vat increase. i work in the motor trade and after having experienced the very long delay on the new jaguar xj these things do happen to most manufacturerson some new models.the most frustrating thing for me is not knowing this before comitting to buy a new sportage, i have personally never brought a new car so this has really taken the shine off the experience for me and my family. my wife has set her heart on thisvehicle but as the months go by my head isgiving me doubts as to wether or not i really want to wait for this car or go to a different manufacturer. i have never owned a kia before and maybe this is a bit of a sign......???

good luck to anyone else out there waiting.

I would certainly be pushing them for moreas 2 years serviciing is only a few hundred pounds in value.

Under normal circumstances I too would probably have gone elsewhere however the FE's are/were a great deal in terms of spec for price and thus its' probably still worth waiting for.

Mine's been great in the recent snow.

Slim

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks Slim,

Is your FE petrol or diesel? if petrol what sort of mpg are you getting? i am looking forward to the car arriving but it would have been nice to have been informed by kia rather than having to chase the dealer and kiaas well.

the wait continues............

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #159 ·
mrlobster said:
Thanks Slim,

Is your FE petrol or diesel? if petrol what sort of mpg are you getting? i am looking forward to the car arriving but it would have been nice to have been informed by kia rather than having to chase the dealer and kiaas well.

the wait continues............

Diesel, and pulling reliably 34mpg (some way short of the 47mpg but I dont drive like I'm dead!).

I do a 50/50 mix of motorway/city driving. If I reset the mpg counter around town/just nipping local etc it wont climb above 30mpg!.

Still it's better than my old petrol Mazda 6.

Slim

·
Registered
46 Posts
I am sorry to hear the problems people are still having trying to purchasethe Sportage.
This day and age surely its posible for Kia to have a data base that can track delivery times, or is it a case they are just order takers, or pos is it accountant engineering in charge (short term gain etc).

The only way one can put pressure on Kia is through forums such as this one which is the bestI have seen.

I lookedthe Honest John site at the CitroenC3 owners comments, the support the owner got fromCitroen the manufacturerswas non existant, it made you think would you purchse a Citroen?

Cheers

Carens 08

141 - 160 of 233 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.