Kia Owners Club Forum banner
101 - 120 of 233 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
I know they'll get delivered eventually.

But the more time that goes by with no information at all, not even a call back from kia customer services despite me emailing, phoning, harrassing their facebook page... it's just beyond frustrating. It's like "yeah, we've got your deposit money, we know your orders safe and you'll pay us eventually" but noone is willing to stand up and say honestly "this is exactly what has gone wrong, and this is what we're doing to put it right". Yeah accidents happen but as a company if something goes wrong then you damn well try and fix it!

The more times I leave messages for my dealer, the more times I email customer services, the more I wait, the more pissed off I am becoming!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just seen 3 unsold at a dealer, a 1.6 "1", a 1.7 "1" and a 2.0 "KX-3" so they've obviously movedon toproducing and delivering the rest of the range.

I guess we're all waiting for another production slot to be made available to finish the FE's that were ordered hence the moving feast which is our delivery dates.

·
Registered
70 Posts
just had a call from Kia customer services. Usual "this has been escalated to the highest possible level" bla bla bla bla - same thing they told me a month ago when I said I wanted to cancel. Apparently they'll have a committed delivery date by the end of play tomorrow. I'm not holding my breath.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Wow, that would be amazing if you at least get a date! This not knowing is killing me!!

I have emailed KIA today also with a rather "stern" email lol. Hopefully I will get some better respnse than basically its here when its here.

I am disgusted that the newer models are available at the dealers already, they should have re done the people who have been waiting months first. I am no expert and I am sure its not that easy to "just make a car" and if the story about some being damaged is true they may have had to re set up the production line (or whatever it is that they use to make cars - not very technical I am afraid!!) to make the cars again. (does that make sense??)

Jules - let us know if you do get a call as we will all be onto them.

It said on the email that I should get a response within 3 days.

Oh it makes me so angry the whole situation, JUST WANT MY CAR!!

Cass :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
hi all
i ordered my fe.8august techno.in edinburgh.iwas told yesterday not much hope before xmas and i will have to pay extra vat.i have cancelled order.i have found a techno 2ltr,petrol in chesterfield.been in showroom delivery miles only.paid deposit today pick on saturday.phew.

so longstone kia in edinburgh will have a techno to order for anyone who wants to wait.cheers boys and good luck.

dave

·
Registered
291 Posts
acedj81 said:
hi all
i ordered my fe.8august techno.in edinburgh.iwas told yesterday not much hope before xmas and i will have to pay extra vat.i have cancelled order.i have found a techno 2ltr,petrol in chesterfield.been in showroom delivery miles only.paid deposit today pick on saturday.phew.

so longstone kia in edinburgh will have a techno to order for anyone who wants to wait.cheers boys and good luck.

dave
I looked atthis car in this garage 2 weeks ago so if u look around there are unsold cars out there.I sat in it before you by the way

·
Registered
70 Posts
glad to hear you've got a car on the way! Wish I was less stuck on the diesel... but I have a long commute at the moment and the extra mpg is really valuable to me.

I'll let you all know if I hear anything. Kia can take a jump if they expect me to wait until Xmas. There is no excuse for that kind of delay at all. With the non-first editions - yes, maybe. But ours were supposed to be made beforethe rest of the range. Woking HQ is close to my office and I'm thinking of taking a trip over there if tomorrow doesn't bring some kind of good news. Seriously, someone in a position of authority within Kia needs to step up, grow some balls, and give us some answers!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Interesting press release from KIA last September !!

Sportage First Edition in petrol secured to meet overwhelming demand

<H2 =mediuming>September 7 2010 </H2>Kia dealers to lay hands on the 850 Sportage First Edition 2.0 CRDi AWD but some were insistent on a petrol alternative.

So to satisfy that demand, and ahead of the full-range going on sale later in the year, additional factory production has been secured for 300 petrol engined versions of Kia's newest crossover.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thats terrible, I was assured by KIA customer services that if the car arrives after the new VAT increase they wontimplementit!! I think it just depends who you end up with at the end of the phone!

I am holding our hope that you (jules) will be getting your delivery date by the end of the day! I will be straight on the phone wanting mine lol If not seen as you are so close you can go in and represent the "angry mob" lol. I too cant believe that no one has done anything about it from KIA or released an apology, its like they really dont give a toss which as long as they are making money they probably dont. At the end of the day they dont care if we cancel our cars, they are sopopularthat they know they will sell them again within moments, so its no skin off their nose! I wonder if other countries haveexperiencedthe same???

I dont know if the above really applies to me as I wanted one of the original diesel ones anyway and have actually been offered the petrol one already but wanted to hold out for the diesel also as I do drive a lot.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I've had a look at this 1 also today its a 4 wheel drive think its a kx2 but its a beut (was tempted to buy but im waiting till after winter now)but there is another blue 1 inside and some more round the back

·
Registered
70 Posts
Sorry guys, still no explanation for what's been causing the delays...

I do know that MK Kia has got quite a few models in stock now so if anyone is considering cancelling their FE orders, they've got the following (per their website):

Sportage 1st Edition 2.0 Petrol in Silver Storm.
Sportage 1st Edition 2.0 Petrol in Clyde Blue.
Sportage '2' 1.6 GDi EcoDynamic Petrol in Phantom Black.
Sportage '2' 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamic Diesel in Phantom Black.
Sportage '2' 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamic Diesel in Byte Blue.
Sportage '2' 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamic Diesel in Silver Storm.

·
Registered
14 Posts
jules said:
just had a call from Kia customer services. Usual "this has been escalated to the highest possible level" bla bla bla bla - same thing they told me a month ago when I said I wanted to cancel. Apparently they'll have a committed delivery date by the end of play tomorrow. I'm not holding my breath.

Have you heard anything yet Jules ?

·
Registered
25 Posts
We are all waiting with batted breath jules!!

I was due to get an email back today from KIA, however still not heard anything, so have sent them another message, what good it will do me.

·
Registered
20 Posts
hi all
picked up my 2ltr petroj fe on saturday from triangle kia in chesterfield.drove back to scotland on sunday //// awesome 6 hour drive.well pleased.they have got a 2ltr petrol in black at chesterfield for sale.

dave

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi All

Got a call back in response to my email sent to KIA. Spoke to AJ - told me that my car could be delayed until the end of January! When I insisted on an explanation or to speak to someone higher up he said that I couldn't and that I would get the same answer. He told me that KIA in UK don't have any contact with the factory and that no one knows why there is a delay!! This is the part I find the most unbelievable of it all!! He kept saying they cant contact the Factory, making it sound like the cars are being made on the moon!
I cangenuinelynot understand why someone can not say what the delay is and how KIA can honestly claim to have no idea whatsoever why there is a delay.
When I said about the new models being sold already he said it didn't matter as they are made by different production lines - I would like to know how he knows this when the Factory is unable to be contacted in any way!! lol
Anyway, I got so angry I ended up close to tears on the phone and ranting at the bloke that he didnt understand and what was I supposed to do until January etc... He must have thought I was a loon! But I feel really really down about the whole situation now to the point where I do feel like I could have a good old cry! (Typical woman I know!). I have gone from being so excited about this car to being so miserable about it! If I wasn't stuck with having no car of my own and having to use one of the garages I would be tempted to cancel! Trouble is if I do that it will probably turn up the following week!
He has given me their UK address to write to however I feel this won't provide any better news but may do it anyway to vent some of my frustration! And although I wasn't looking for any compensation (just getting the motor would be nice) I think I will try my luck now as I feel they are taking the piss slightly!!!

So - no good news from my end, hopefully someone else has had better luck!
Cass :(

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hey guys,

I'm not sure how to say this... I've been up north with work for a few days so not online until today, except through my iphone which won't let me post here. Got a phone call out of the blue from my dealer on Wednesday saying that they'd found me a cancelled order in Ireland which would be shipped over to the UK that I could have... Did the insurance straight away, got the docs this morning so picked it up today. So far it's great, everything I was so excited about. I'm sorry I don't have better news for all of you guys - all I can say is be as vocal as you can in complaining, throw as many toys out the pram as you can, and aim for the highest members of staff in Kia UK you can get in contact with. Someone somewhere has really buggered this up for a good few people, and the only way you'll get it sorted is by shouting louder and jumping higher up and down...

I hope you all get some good news soon too... fingers crossed...

Jules

·
Registered
25 Posts
Wow!

You are so lucky to have a dealer that has put in a bit of effort for you! Mine couldnt care less, and short of ringing every single dealer round the country to see if they have any I cant see it happen. I havent even heard from my dealer for about 4 weeks! All my info has come from KIA themselves. In fact that has just prompted me to call my dealer and they said they had me in the diary to call Monday! They are having a dealer meeting apparently as he said there is a back log in lots of other models too including cars that have been out for ages! However I dont expect much news from them, I have already spoken to KIA and my dealer obviously hasnt.

I am really pleased for you Jules, however it has me even more depressed LOL I am pleased the car is as good as you hoped! I have been worried about waiting all this time and getting so upset just for the car to come and not be as good as I remembered or imagined!!

So, just to clarify it was your dealer that found the car not KIA themselves? And did they literally just call every dealer out there??

I did write a very strong letter to KIA UK and posted it recorded delivery on Tuesday, but if I will get a response or not I dont know. I am now over my little breakdown session on the phone to KIA tuesday and just feel like I need to be honest with myself and wait!!

Cass

101 - 120 of 233 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.