Kia Owners Club Forum banner
41 - 60 of 233 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi Sparky,

There does look to be some variations from the UK model from differing videos I've now watched. I've changed the link above not realising the forum stops html the video can be searched using the text. They include useful clips on how to use the climate control and other areas of the car which if nothing else helps pass the time before i can drive one.

I'm still waiting for myFE ordered on the 12th Sept for end ofmonth deliverydealer rang on Saturday and confirmed the Car has appeared on his portal and will arrive on the 9th October for a delivery hopefully on the 20th at least its decent of them to give me a date.

I'm trading in a Gen 3 Hyundai Coupe 2L which I had without any trouble whatsoever for 7 years so this is a completely different car for me. Not least the driving position I'm a six footer and used to driving almost lying down with a short shift gear lever the seating position in the FEreminds me of driving a mini-bus in comparison!.

I'm happy with thatas Ireally wanted something completely different so this is my first crossover SUV which will be more practical but I'm sticking with a petrol version I only did 30k in the Coupe.

Didn't like the look of the others Nissan, Ford, VW but this model pretty much leapt of the page and sold itself and I'm pleased I've managed to hopfully secure one of the FE models.

Good luck with the car.

Regards Seasider

Edited by: Seasider

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Mine doesnt have any Eco button to press you know!. Strange!.

I've got down hill brake switch, 50/50 lock, alarm sensor off,traction off (whatever it is, its close to that)and headlight dip adjust.

Certainly no Eco.

Slim

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi Audioslim,

No ECO switch; then your FE mustn't be Autotransmission, which mine is.

I'm pretty sure it's only a feature on Auto versions. I think it's on the Auto because without it the MPG figures would be truly appalling. They're not brilliant as it is, but I expected that.

I know with AWD and Auto I won't get anywhere the 50+MPG I got on My 2.0l TDI Skoda Estate.

Sparky

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Ahh ok.

I've only got 120 miles on my clock at the mo, with mainly city driving (and a crawl down the m56 at 10 mph!).

It's up to 29.3 mpg at present on the trip computer. Better buck it's ideas up!

Slim

·
Registered
70 Posts
Seasider said:
I'm still waiting for myFE ordered on the 12th Sept for end ofmonth deliverydealer rang on Saturday and confirmed the Car has appeared on his portal and will arrive on the 9th October for a delivery hopefully on the 20th at least its decent of them to give me a date.

WTF? I'm going to have to phone my dealer up... I ordered mine on Aug 20th, a full 3 weeks before yours, and they still won't give me a delivery date :-( Boo hiss!

I'm hoping mine wasn't one of the damaged ones! Although they haven't even confirmed for me that it's got a build date yet. I must be really pissing the dealer off now, I phone them up every few days asking where it is!

Poor show...

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
When I picked mine up last Thursday the dealer did say they were still waiting on 1 of their 5 FE's promised.
And also they only new mine was around when it landed in the country and then it suddenly appeared at the dealers on the back of the truck.

Think Kia are just getting them out asap and to hell with their own systems. The dealer didnt even know it had left the Kia compound before it turned up.

Slim

·
Registered
70 Posts
Spoke to mine earlier... the salesman that actually sold me my car apparently has left the dealership... they now anticipate that mine should be arriving at the beginning of November!!!! Apparently they only have shipments once a month from Kia. The end of Sep one has happened, and my car was not on it. They reckon it'll arrive on the end of Oct shipment "probably" although no way of confirming it because it's still just showing as "ordered" on the tracker. This is unbelievable! If it's not here by beginning of November that really puts me up a certain creek without a paddle... CRAP.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Like I said earlier jules try chester kia I dont know if they still have them but its worth a call they may even deliver to you, you should be able to get any deposit back from your dealer because the can't give you a date or even confirm the order. Good Luck!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yes, I think I will do that. I just had a call from Kia UK who said that unfortunately mine was also one of the damaged ones so they are having to source a new vehicle.

I can't believe the dealer didn't give me that info directly over the phone.

Fingers crossed Chester still has them...

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
If you can wait and they come up with aFE then it would probably be worth while, considering how the top of the range only has sat nav and sunroof additional to the FE spec.
Other than that you might get lucky and get a top of the range instead from them, that would be a good deal (anything less wouldnt though).

Bad luck it being originally damaged. I wonder how may cars they damaged at the same time!

Slim

·
Registered
29 Posts
Sorry to hear about the problems Jules.

I'd actually expressed an interest back in August the dealer knew I was keenon the FE left details etc and as they didn't have a demonstratorI didn't want to commit because it is not a class of car I'm used to.

After not hearing anything for three weeksI went back only to find the demonstrator had been and gone and all the available cars had been ordered. I was fuming with the dealer and really felt let down so I travelled to another dealership and managed to view and drive an FE demonstrator they had but unforunately they also had no available stock.

It was only by pure chance that I went back to the original dealers and they now informed me they had an FE available although only in petrol but that was fine I do not do enough miles to warrrant a diesel.

Anyway good luck I don't buy new cars often and I'm really looking forward to owning this particular car.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Gosh I'm so sorry about all you lot who don't have your sportage yet especially Jules-hope you get one soon. I ordered mine one week and got it literally the next-I live 20miles south of Belfast. Anyway she's driving beautifully and been getting admiring looks-mines in black-200miles on the clock so far. Acceleration is good but not as much power as my last car, volkswagen passat cc but not far off it. I had contemplated remapping but someone advised to wait so I think I'll wait a while. Anyone else thought of remapping their sportage for extra ooompf? I love the led lights at front seeing them in reflection of other cars when you come up close to them. Adore the wee camera for reversing and getting used to the coloured boxes-very useful. I also giggle at the horn sound-I think it should be something more harmonious and robust rather than a single wee toot. Ny HAC does work but only holds you momentarily. I live in the country and for the first time in my driving career am looking forward to the snow and ice to check out the AWD as never had it b4-does AWD really prevent one from skidding in slippery conditions??? Regards everyone Johnathan

·
Registered
70 Posts
So besides myself and Sporty - anyone else still waiting on their car arriving? My dealer is still telling me they are hoping for the end of this month, but nothing concrete.

I saw a black FE on the M5 heading south today... looked great... the wait is driving me crazy!

Jules

·
Registered
29 Posts
Salesman seems to think its a great big secret between him and the dealership but I know mine was at Immingham around the 10th of this month and they've asked for the paperwork on my old car but apart from that I'm still very much in the dark.

Disappointing thatwere not hearing from those who are now getting the miles under their belt in the new Sportage. I'd have like to know what they think andany helfpful tps they could share with us. The Hyundai Coupe forumswere brilliant for this.

Edited by: Seasider

·
Registered
69 Posts
I picked my new Sportage FE up from Southampton Viking on Friday and drove back up the M27 - M3 - A34 to Oxford and a bit beyond. The car only had about 10 (delivery) miles on the clock so I didn't want to push it. 70mph on cruise control, very relaxed. Engine, road and wind noise.... I didn't even notice. Next the sound system, It's clear and crisp and as good quality as anything else I've listened to. My Blackberry is [email protected]. Wouldn't sync with the Bluetooth but then it didn't with my previous car (Mazda5). The wife's iPhone works an absolute treat. The mic is situated in the roof lining just above the drivers head. This picks up your voice very well. The Mazda was poor with lots of background noise by comparison. Voice recognition works ok (the iPhone contacts list downloads automatically) Unfortunately the system struggles to pronounce your names. When the name is played back to you it's far from anything you might expect. for example Home, might be "do you want to call Hum" luckily Home is displayed on the screen as with any name offered back to you. (this is just a made up example). The music played through from the iPhone sounds great and the on-screen menu easy to read/understand. I've driven the car a little over the weekend on B roads but unfortunately it's now become the school bus and I'm relegated back to my little mini. The Sportage sticks to the road very well especially on the North Bucks moonscape like surfaces. A little firm but then that's probably a trade off for the Sportage driving like a car with very little body roll (unlike our old Mazda which was just as tall). The reversing camera is superb once you've mastered the green/yellow/red squares. I'm used to the hill assist in the Mini although I only felt this working once or twice on the Sportage (handbrake stays on for a second or two). I need to drive it more to check this out in more detail. I won't go on other to say I love the looks. It's got a real bulldog stance(18inchrims are a little Carlos Fandango) I just can't wait to get back behind the wheel and have some more fun. Btw certainly get a few double takes out there from other motorist.
(not me... the car)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Cheers for posting that cmclough

It's all the little details that help ie (handbrake stays on during hill assist etc) I've recentlyalso got an itouch4 which I'm hoping to use as wellsoyour info on the iphone is helpful.

Enjoy and safe driving!

·
Registered
25 Posts
HI

I ordered my New Kia Sportage First Addition on the 6th August and have just been told not to expect it to arrive any earlier than 4-6 weeks from now! Which means December sometime!

I understand there was only 800 of these made and mine is the orange manual diesel. After speaking to my dealer I rang Kia direct who confirmed what they said about the delay but no one can give me a reason! After speaking to several dealers in my area that stock Kia there orders have all been and gone by end of Sept! I seem to be one of the unlucky ones whose carhasn'tturned up yet!!

So frustrating! I was so excited about getting this car however it is turning into a nightmare as I sold my car under the instructions of the dealer and have since been given acurtseycar, the Rio which although a nice little carbarelyfits me and the kids and the buggy in!!

I was wondering if anyone else was in this situation? Cant seem to find anything on the web that explains or talks about a delay except this forum??

Rant over!! Thanks

·
Registered
70 Posts
Ouch.... So all 3 of us that are still waiting have chosen manual and orange. I'm betting that we were all in the batch that was "damaged". There must have been a truck with some orange ones on it somewhere that had a crash or something. Either that or the damaged thing is all a ruse and they ran out of orange paint. My dealer is still telling me they are hoping for "end of the month" for the replacement but to be honest I'll believe it when I see it. Sporty was told end of Nov which is within your 4-6 week lead time... On the plus side the dealer has said they'll lend me a car for next month when I really need one, which is a good enough gesture on their part (I mean, they want to take my money as much as I want to be driving the sportage... and neither's going to happen until it arrives!). But yes, hugely frustrating! Quick question - whereabouts are you geographically? I'm just outside Milton Keynes and I think Sporty said he's up near Liverpool or somewhere like that.

Jules

·
Registered
25 Posts
HI!I haven't heard anything about a damaged batch however that could be the case! I am in Kent, South East so a way from you but that doesnt mean they are in the same batch I suppose! At ;least your dealer has given you an excuse, even if it is true or not LOL mine cant even give an excuse!

I was doing a bit of ringing round today coz I wasnt 100% sure what I was hearing from my dealer was true, they were being very vague about why they delayed. I spoke to 5 other dealers within Kent and all said all their's had been in and out at end of september. They also guessed that I had a manual orange without me saying!! So I guess the delay is not just in my dealer!

My dealer has also given me a car too which is also great as I have sold mine! But at least we are saving on payments on a new car right now! (well I am paying monthly - when it comes lol)

I am sorry to hear others out there are waiting too, although slightly happy to find out it isnt just me that is waiting, feel less like its a great conspiracy now ha ha

I really do hope that all the cars are here before xmas, it is my christmas present to myself lol

Fingers crossed for speedy delivery - cant wait to drive it!!!!

41 - 60 of 233 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.