Kia Owners Club Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
glad to hear you've got a car on the way! Wish I was less stuck on the diesel... but I have a long commute at the moment and the extra mpg is really valuable to me.

I'll let you all know if I hear anything. Kia can take a jump if they expect me to wait until Xmas. There is no excuse for that kind of delay at all. With the non-first editions - yes, maybe. But ours were supposed to be made beforethe rest of the range. Woking HQ is close to my office and I'm thinking of taking a trip over there if tomorrow doesn't bring some kind of good news. Seriously, someone in a position of authority within Kia needs to step up, grow some balls, and give us some answers!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Sorry guys, still no explanation for what's been causing the delays...

I do know that MK Kia has got quite a few models in stock now so if anyone is considering cancelling their FE orders, they've got the following (per their website):

Sportage 1st Edition 2.0 Petrol in Silver Storm.
Sportage 1st Edition 2.0 Petrol in Clyde Blue.
Sportage '2' 1.6 GDi EcoDynamic Petrol in Phantom Black.
Sportage '2' 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamic Diesel in Phantom Black.
Sportage '2' 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamic Diesel in Byte Blue.
Sportage '2' 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamic Diesel in Silver Storm.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hey guys,

I'm not sure how to say this... I've been up north with work for a few days so not online until today, except through my iphone which won't let me post here. Got a phone call out of the blue from my dealer on Wednesday saying that they'd found me a cancelled order in Ireland which would be shipped over to the UK that I could have... Did the insurance straight away, got the docs this morning so picked it up today. So far it's great, everything I was so excited about. I'm sorry I don't have better news for all of you guys - all I can say is be as vocal as you can in complaining, throw as many toys out the pram as you can, and aim for the highest members of staff in Kia UK you can get in contact with. Someone somewhere has really buggered this up for a good few people, and the only way you'll get it sorted is by shouting louder and jumping higher up and down...

I hope you all get some good news soon too... fingers crossed...

Jules

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.