Kia Owners Club Forum banner
221 - 233 of 233 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
At long last the day of collection has arrived.
I hope thatit has been worth the wait.

And good luck to all the other people who have also had a long wait.

My dealer assured me that it is worth the wait because it is practically a KX3 without the Sat nav.

PS has anyone towed a 4 wheel van with a FE yet? probably not the correct forum to ask but who knows.

I will keep you updated on the FE when I have had some use out of it.

Keep waiting !!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Well only had the car for a weekend and so far, well impressed, i have had Toyotas for the last 14 years, all brand new, the last 2 in the last 3 years, but this car beats them hands down. Power/looks/levels of extras ,the list goes on.
There is a brand new Techno orange one like mine on e-bay at the moment, brand new for anyone who cant wait.

·
Registered
12 Posts

QUICK DELIVERY - FAST RESPONSE.

Hello all, just ordered my Sportage from the UK 2 weeks ago, will arrive on a transporter next week. Cannot wait. Been reading most of the posts about this Vehicle and test drove one at my local Kia dealership in Paderborn (Germany).

·
Registered
3 Posts
If I order my KX3 diesel Sportage in December, will that be a FE? I'm still waiting on mine and am now being told June having originally been told February/March. I am getting extremely frustrated at the constant change of delivery each time I phone up, so much so I'm thinking of cancelling and opting for a different make if they can deliver earlier.

John

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Earthrunner.
You say if you order a KX3 sportage in december.Do you mean you did order your KX3 in december.?Besides that it wont be an FE in the true sense because they were only taking so many Fe orders to start with.I tried to order anF.E last october but no more orders were being taken then.So i ordered the KX3 sat nav 2L deisel 4th october .I only collected mine 2 weeks ago The problem we were told was with the supply of 2L deisals .The big difference is for an FE you were paying £20,000 for a KX3 sat navits about £25,000 but like for like they are about the same.As for going for something else like nissan or hyundia etc the delay was the same as Kia 6 months.And Nissan wasnt even taking any more orders ,butthat may have changed now.But my order was 6 months and 1 week to collection.Hope this helps.

regards Multifirstedition.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the response. I ordered my KX3 in Dec last year so I guess it'll not be a FE and it seems from this thread some have waited a long time so I amongst a huge list of people still waiting.

I did think about checking the IX35 availability but thought it would be similar on the basis they appear to be made in the same factories! I guess I'll have to stick it out and hope it doesn't go beyond June, but so far each proposed delivery date has shifted a month so I'm not confident.

Cheers

Earthrunner

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hi Earthrunner. I have a Sportage FE, (First edition) These were the launch editions that have almost everything a KX3 has, but as stated in a previous post they were 5K cheaper when new.
I dont think Kia thought they were going to be as successful as they are.

It took nearly 7 months for delivery of mine and have now owned it for a month and have put 1800 miles on the clock. I have had brand new Toyota avensis's for the last 12 years (T180 was the last one), but the Kia beats it hands down. Believe me they are worth waiting for, hope this helps.

I love mine and all the family do too.

221 - 233 of 233 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.