Kia Owners Club Forum banner

201 - 220 of 233 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Nice one Kia ora, let us know if you find any faults. Also, did Kia give you any confirmation/proof that you will get 2 years free servicing?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Any idea what the service interval is for a 2.0L FE - I've been quoted three different versions !!!

·
Registered
140 Posts
20,000 miles or 12 months according to the KIA website and my new dealer !!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I received my confirmation of 2 years free servicing late last week and my dealer told me yesterday (when I had to take the car back to have the window fixed) that they had also received the letter. And yes it is 20000 miles or 12 months. It gives you a code to quote when booking the service.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Is there a different service interval for petrol & diesel engines? For the 2G it's every 10k miles petrol & 12.5k miles diesel - strangely though my Carens with the same diesel engine required a service at every 10k...with these intervals, you need to be using top quality oil.

·
Registered
165 Posts
At long last. got a call from my dealer stating that my FE should be with them on the 13th of March.
The dealer says that it has been a long wait,but will be worth it. I certainly hope so.

·
Registered
9 Posts
i have been told that my FE will be with the dealer from 28/02 but they still will not commit to a date so i can not arrange to go to collect the car yet. bit of a pain as they will not give me a decent trade in price for the car i had to buy in the time we have had to wait for the car!!!! watch this space to see if it is actually available in March.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi, just been told my techno Orange FE should be in the garage on the 28th Feb....... but they will phone me back next week to confirm this.Once I've had confirmation I'll get on to Kia for the service package.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hi Jane and Graham, I ordered my FE on the 15th Sept. What about you, when did you order yours, also is it a diesel or petrol.
PS I was told by a friend they had run out of Orange paint,( I do believe he was only joking).

Lets hope we see them on our driveway soon.

keep me updated, regards Mr hopeful.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi I ordered the car on the 3rd September 2010. It is a Diesel. The only concerns I have is :-
1) will it turn up on the 28th Febealer.

2) will the garage try and back ou of the price they are willing to pay for my part ex car

3) will they try and sting me for the 2.5% VAT rise.....

Starting to think about the conversation i will be having with the dealer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi i had the same concerns about PX and VAT increase.
1/ They are holding the old vat rate of 17.5%.

2/ They are holding the original px deal

They said its not for me to worry about its their problem not mine .And just sorry ive had to wait so long.

Car was ordered on 4th october kx3 satnav diesel.

Not really expecting to here to much until the end of March /April

·
Registered
19 Posts
Has anyone been given 2 years free servicing on firsts edition petrols? Have been told by KIA that they are only offering it to customers who had delay on first edition diesels. Any news appreciated.

Is

·
Registered
1 Posts
Not all customers who have been waiting since August for a diesel have been offered any free services. The only information that Kia are giving out to me is that your car will be coming in the next few weeks,( this has been going on for months now) At first it was Sept then Jan then Feb and then mid March to early April. The latest is " not before May" with no confirmed date. So these cars have not even entered the manufacturing process yet, so I cannot believe the " unprecedented demand " excuse. If this is so, why are they advertising at great cost in the papers and on tv? If you had not had a Kia before you would have given up by now, perhaps this is what Kia want. The reason satisfied owners are ordering is the reliability of these cars, with the panic to fulfill these orders I am worried about level of quality as I have heard of faults already-- something not known in the past. The dealer has been great but Kia are not acting like a multinational car manufacturer and, in my opinion,they know far more than they are letting on.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi, just had confirmation the Kia FE deisel has arrived at the dealers and I ahve a pick up date of Tuesday 8th March.

Will contact Kia regarding free servicing.

·
Registered
114 Posts
yehhhhhhhhh can`t believe it`s taken so long to get the FE`s but trust me it`s worth the wait.
4 more sleep`s lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello to the forum,

I'm a journalist with Auto Express and I'm doing a story on insanely long delivery delays. If you've had to wait 7 seven months or longer for your car ""“ or if it looks like you will have to ""“ and you'd like to speak to us you can contact me at [email protected] or on 0207 907 6204.

Kind regards

Jon

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hurray. after a Long, Long, Long wait, I ordered my First edition, diesel in Techno orange on the 15th of September and it has now arrived.
I went to the dealers today to pay for it and actually see it for real.

Only problem now was the dealer had run out of DVLA number plates and I ned to try and get one tommorow, LOL.

I hope that it has been worth the wait.

Good luck to anyone else waiting and hope you get yours soon.

201 - 220 of 233 Posts