Kia Owners Club Forum banner
181 - 200 of 233 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
am also still waiting for FE to arrive, have now resigned myself to the fact it is not coming for a few months and used the deposit to clear a bit of debt, at least i will not be paying as much interest for a few months. definately feel that those customers who like me have been waiting patiently and still continue to wait deserve a bit more than two free services. if anyone out there has managed to get a bit more out of kia feel free to share.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #183 ·
I find these wait times very hard to believe.

I was told this last jan (2010) when I was looking at a mazda six. All the manufactuers had scaled back production due to drop in sales etc as the recession hit etc and were then struggling to meet demand when it started to pick up.

Perhaps that is still true but 6 months is a long time for a build.

It seems that Kia have seeiously underestimated the demand for certain models

Given the wait times you would expect to see lots of existing sportages/ix35's around presuming they are sturggling to meet demand, but that doenst seem to be the case.

I've only see one other Sportage, and 2 IX35's.

Slim

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi all, i,ve got a Black 2.0cri KX-3 on order and cant wait for it to arrive, dealer ordered it mid december and is quoting around may time for delivery is this accurate?
Been an Audi man for years but love the look and spec of the new Sportage.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I purchased a Sorento last February (2010) I was told to expect to collect in the april, however it looks like Kia are doing the same and making promises they know they can not keep, My Sorento was not delivered until the end of July (2010) 5 months after my order was placed, Kia need to be more honest with us customers as alot of new customers will think twice about using Kia.
I hope that you deliveries come through quicker than mine did.

·
Registered
8 Posts
According to my dealer they have no way to track the build process like they do with say Audi or BMW to see what stage it is at and only get notified a couple of weeks before its due!

seems a bit out of date if they cant track your car, this is my first experience of Kia and the dealer i used has been great, time will tell with all else.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Afraid I have left the waiting race. Was told on at the beginning of October it would be end of October and then after many other false dates I was eventually told April. The thing is that even April is not believable as there is an advertised 6 month wait for all 4WD models and as KIA can make an awful lot more money on those I can't see them setting up an FE production line for orders which wont bring them as much cash and delaying those orders more which are worth more in monetary value. I even heard a dealer say (not mine) that he doesn't expect those to have ordered FEs and not have them to ever get them as KIA are now too involved in the main production.

Test drove the new 2011 shape quashqai with the large 18inch wheels, chrome pack, glass roof and sat nav and then test drove a kia sportage. Have to say externally the orange sportage would win evertimebut with such floppy steering it wasnt the best drive. Anyway to cut a long story short I have bought the showroom model in nightshade for £2000 under list and of course guaranteed to be there come March 1st for new registration number. Can't say I have any regrets yet.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Really Sorry to hear of those who are still waiting or have given up hope. I must admit I was getting to the stage where I felt like chucking in the towel, however I am glad I didnt.I picked up my Orange FE 3 weeks ago today and I LOVE it. Its such a comfortable drive and comfy inside. I was miffed it didnt come with any mats, but after asking my dealer to order them and being told there is a delay on them too, I went to another dealer who ordered them for me and had them delivered next day. They told me they would be there by 11am and they didnt arrive till 2, which was still fine with me, however they gave me money off for the lateness!! If only my original dealer was as giving!!

I can understand why ppl are cancelling their orders as I thought 5 months was a long enough wait, if I had had to wait till April or May I would have been going spare! If you are in a position where you can afford to wait then its worth it trust me. I LOVE this car but I will never use my dealer again!!

I did get 2 years free servicing - although having chased confirmation of this with KIA last week I am still waiting for anything in writing to be given to me, so lets hope that doesnt turn into another nightmare!!!!!

Good Luck to those waiting :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi

I ordered and paid deposit on 6th August, with an delivery date of mid september so was a 5 month wait all in all. I hassled the dealer and UK Kia constantly, wrote letters, emailed, phoned etc... Dont think they really made any difference, I sent a recorded delivery letter to KIA and they didnt even reply! But my dealer told me in December that they had compiled a list of everyone who was waiting in date order so technically the people at the beginning of that list who had been waiting the longest got their car first rather than the allocated cars going to the allocated dealers they were doing it in order status order... if that makes sense!!
I dont know how true that is or if it was just another way to blow me off, but I did finally get a delivery date and then the car turned up New Years eve, however I wasnt able to pick it up so had to get it on the BH monday instead.

I did have to take it back on day 2 though as I had the RAC out as the lockingmechanismhad an issue and none of the doors would lock over night and the alarm kept going off! RAC were with me within 20 minutes, they temporarily fixed it and I had to take it back to the dealer next day. They did get it sorted within a few hours and turned out to be the sensors in the drivers door.

I am very happy with the car and the one good thing about the wait was that I had theircourtesycar so wasnt paying for a car from September (when I got rid of my car) until now! Had to look at the positives!!

When did you order yours? Can I ask what part of the country you are?

Cass :)

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hi All. I ordered my FE 2 ltr CRDI in orange on the 15th of sept and I am still also waiting. I have been told I will recieve 2 years free servicing, but have not had any confirmation as yet of this promise.

It would be nice if someone from the head of Kia UK could contact all people with outstanding orders and give a full detailed explination as to the delay of the FE models as I am now starting to see the later models on the roads and on many TV adverts and billboards.

My dealer has been as helpful as he possibly can ,but even he cannot give me an offical line of the delays.

I have contacted Kia uk again today with the hope that they can give me an estimated delivery date. I am not holding my breath, but as with many of you out there my currentcar is also now due its service and road tax.

I know people say its worth the wait, but how long?

The number plate I chose from the dealer was quite fitting for our family, but now looks like I will have to chose another one . At this rate it may even be a 61 plate LOL.

Please if any Kia executives read these forums can your valued and patient customesr have some official word to settle the nerves. I have hardley used my part ex car in the last 5 months for fear of damaging it and loosing my deposit.

Mr Unhappy ( really Mr sad and disappointed )

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thought i might as well join the forum like everyone else.Ordered 2.0 KX3 sat nav 4th october.Told possible December delivery but more likely to bejanuary.They said they would hold vat increase at old rate.Last i heard was gonna approach management to see what was going on and get back to me but that was 3 weeks ago and but not heard anything since.I get more info off the forum than the dealer.But like everyone else Mileage on part ex is creeping up tax and service is due also in a couple of months.Not good.Come on Kia sort it out.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hooray. Ordered our Techno Orange FE mid-September expecting delivery in October then in December and then in April and low and behold it's now in the country and will be at the dealers next week.

I hope it's been worth the wait and hope others that are still waiting get good news soon too !

·
Registered
9 Posts
thats good news, good to see some of the orders coming in and hopefullymine will arrive in the next few months (ordered end of oct) did your dealer contact you or have you had to pester them for delivery info ?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I stopped pestering them a long time ago as the truth is KIA UK don't tell them much. I resigned myself to the April date that KIA customer services gave us although to be fair the dealer said he thought it would be earlier. Dealer contacted us this week with news that it can be collected next week.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hi, What engine did you order ? petrol or diesel ? I was contacted by Kia UK today and told that I should recieve delivery in the next 6-8 weeks. They could not give me a definate date.
The car Tax and Service are due on my currect car within the next 4 weeks, so that means that I have two hefty bills to pay on a car that will no longer be mine in approx 6-8 weeks time. My current car is due its 2 year service and if I dont get it serviced my warranty will be exempt if I dont recieve the FE. I am stuck in the middle with big bills.

I hope its as good as they say.

Good luck with your new car. Mr Unhappy ( Mr out of pocket as well,Thanks Kia)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mr unhappy, you will have a one month allowance to get the service done and even if you took the chance and did not do the service worst case is it would only invalid the items related to the service. for example if the fuel filter was due on the service and you broke down with a blocked fuel filterthey would probably not cover that item. If you really want to have the service done why not get the kia dealer to do it and arrange a better deal on the labour charge. as long as you use genuine parts you can have the service done anywhere. I am waiting for a FE petrol and the way the fuel prices are going up i will no longer be able to afford to run it when it eventually arrives.
regards mr lobster

·
Registered
197 Posts
I was looking at a Hyundai IX35 earlier this week - the dealer was quoting September (2011) for a 2 litre diesel AWD....and that could slip he said! As I guess most of us know, the problem is with the engine production of the 2 litre....apparantly the factory has lots of cars completed minus the engine.

·
Registered
165 Posts
My sister decided she should own a awd motor because we had ordered one, because she could not get a delivery date on a kia or ix35 in her eagerness she bought an ex demo ix 35 for the full on the road price. They told her the ix35 had a 12 month waiting list. Unlike ourselves she has to have now and was not prepared to wait. Personal prefrence i know ,but I prefer the look of the Kia. +7 years warranty and not 5yrs.

181 - 200 of 233 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.