Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Sparky

There is a Techno Orange Auto hidden away in the back of the Joblings Kia showroom in Bicester. 01869 252255

I didnt ask if it was sold or not. I sat in it today. (Orange a bit bling for me)

I believe KIA are bringing in 300 Petrol 1st Editions. Can the 35.8mpg combined figure quoted be believed?

If you consider the 2.0L CRDi KX-2 AWD will be £22,320 then a petrol 1st Edition might be an alternative at just under 20k. It would take 4 years approx (average yearly miles) before the overall cost of ownership equalised, petrol vs diesel. Plus the 1st Edition has more kit than the KX-2 will have.

Will the Diesel engine variant be available as promised in November? Look and Hyundai iX35's

And then if you do wait patiently into 2011 will the VAT increase bite?

Just a thought.

I want one too.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I picked my new Sportage FE up from Southampton Viking on Friday and drove back up the M27 - M3 - A34 to Oxford and a bit beyond. The car only had about 10 (delivery) miles on the clock so I didn't want to push it. 70mph on cruise control, very relaxed. Engine, road and wind noise.... I didn't even notice. Next the sound system, It's clear and crisp and as good quality as anything else I've listened to. My Blackberry is [email protected]. Wouldn't sync with the Bluetooth but then it didn't with my previous car (Mazda5). The wife's iPhone works an absolute treat. The mic is situated in the roof lining just above the drivers head. This picks up your voice very well. The Mazda was poor with lots of background noise by comparison. Voice recognition works ok (the iPhone contacts list downloads automatically) Unfortunately the system struggles to pronounce your names. When the name is played back to you it's far from anything you might expect. for example Home, might be "do you want to call Hum" luckily Home is displayed on the screen as with any name offered back to you. (this is just a made up example). The music played through from the iPhone sounds great and the on-screen menu easy to read/understand. I've driven the car a little over the weekend on B roads but unfortunately it's now become the school bus and I'm relegated back to my little mini. The Sportage sticks to the road very well especially on the North Bucks moonscape like surfaces. A little firm but then that's probably a trade off for the Sportage driving like a car with very little body roll (unlike our old Mazda which was just as tall). The reversing camera is superb once you've mastered the green/yellow/red squares. I'm used to the hill assist in the Mini although I only felt this working once or twice on the Sportage (handbrake stays on for a second or two). I need to drive it more to check this out in more detail. I won't go on other to say I love the looks. It's got a real bulldog stance(18inchrims are a little Carlos Fandango) I just can't wait to get back behind the wheel and have some more fun. Btw certainly get a few double takes out there from other motorist.
(not me... the car)

·
Registered
69 Posts
I was contemplating a petrol FE. Joblings in Bicester said he (Steve) had an Orange Petrol coming in and I could test drive this. I was interested in other colour options and he had two silver FE's coming in. In parallel I was talking to Grovebury in Leighton Buzzard and they had just taken delivery of a Black FE. This was all taking place just last week so it might be worth calling those dealerships. I found a Diesel FE just by chance via this forum. I'm please I didn't go for the petrol variant now. I would question the economy figures. If I take it very easy I'm getting 39-40 from the diesel. Hopefully this will improve a little as the engine beds in (and I suppose the same could be said for the petrol) but I would guess you would more likely see 29-30mpg from that. It's all down to circumstances and personal choice in the end. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.