Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
Just wondering if anybody around herehas ordered/iswaiting for a UK First Edition to come in.

Just wondering if you have any confirmed dates yet.

All I've been told is the dealers will have their orders complete by the end of the month (September). Just wondering if that's the same story anybody else has been given.

Cant wait!

Ta

Slim

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, typo I meant dealer (as in mine) not dealers!.

Although I did tend to pickup the same sort of story from a couple of other dealers though.

Cant wait!, highly excited abou this car. Wouldnt have touched a kia with a bargepole last year (even test drove a Sorento a few years back, though it was awful!) but this car is really in a different class.

Has anybody got info on these cars coming into the UK though? No doubt somebody knows of the progress of these 800 first editions coming into the UK from whereever?

Slim

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Confusing I know, but no the First Edition is the limited 800 or so Sportage 3rd gen's that have just arrived/about to arrive, before the full range starts being delivered in November ish (so I'm told).

I'm waiting on my first edition arriving at the dealers, somtime end of this month I've been told.

Slim

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm sure somebody on one of the forums has very recently secured a FE from somewhere. Dont know where though (North West I think perhaps though).
They were selling fast when I put my deposit down for one of the 5 the dealers was getting (think 2 had already been sold). Same story at a few other dealers as well.

Slim

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Jules.

I test drove one on the sunday of the weekend they arrived at the dealers as far as I know (a few dealers phoned me on that weekend to say they had one in). It was a bank holiday weekend, cant remeber the date though.

Test drove one in OMC KIA in Oldham, but by the time I spoke to them on the Monday they'ld sold the silver manual. Went to Kia in Stockport on the tuesday morning and paid them the deposit on it.

I'm going to ring them tommorow see where its up to , I have phoned since it was ordered and they did say all their order should be complete by end of month.

Slim

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
'Production of the full line up of the Sportage 2.0 CRDI KX 2 and KX 3 is delayed at present and we have no view of production at this time. '

Interesting, wonder why?. Is it new engine tech in the 1.7 meaning same power/consumption as the 2.0 anyway so their not bothering at present.

That means the first editions are the only ones with 2.0 diesel engines in the UK, good/bad/otherwise as that may be.

Slim
Edited by: audioslim

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Interesting.

I wouldnt have considered only 2wd sportage.

Although I'm not towing anything, I had to dig my Mazda 6 out of the snow 5 times last year, and I live 4 miles out of Manchester hence why I wanted an econimal 4wd.

So glad I decided to jump at the chance of a FE now.

Slim

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Hi Everybody.

First full day with my sportage. Was hoping to take a picture at lunch to show you allbut it's not stopping hammering down with rain so far!.

I'll post a more indepth review some time, but safe to say I'm loving the thing.

As per above with the 'call home' 'hulme' thing !, does exactly the same with me on my phone however it's just a pronounciation issue I think (with the voice recognition) as even though it says phone Hulme it does mean home and phones home succesfully (yes it's in as home in my phone book).

The only complaint (as such, although it just makes be roll about with laughter) is the horn. I've never heard such a feeble and week horn on such a car. Its like the horn of noddys car. It really is so weak you cant help but laugh at it!.

Oh and the slight lack of storage options is another slight annoyance. Like said somewhere around here, no sunglassess storage or anything like that.

It is slightly jittery as I've seen mentioned in a few reviews but handles perfectly in all other ways.

Still overall it's the best car I've had so far.

Slim

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Mine doesnt have any Eco button to press you know!. Strange!.

I've got down hill brake switch, 50/50 lock, alarm sensor off,traction off (whatever it is, its close to that)and headlight dip adjust.

Certainly no Eco.

Slim

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Ahh ok.

I've only got 120 miles on my clock at the mo, with mainly city driving (and a crawl down the m56 at 10 mph!).

It's up to 29.3 mpg at present on the trip computer. Better buck it's ideas up!

Slim

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
When I picked mine up last Thursday the dealer did say they were still waiting on 1 of their 5 FE's promised.
And also they only new mine was around when it landed in the country and then it suddenly appeared at the dealers on the back of the truck.

Think Kia are just getting them out asap and to hell with their own systems. The dealer didnt even know it had left the Kia compound before it turned up.

Slim

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
If you can wait and they come up with aFE then it would probably be worth while, considering how the top of the range only has sat nav and sunroof additional to the FE spec.
Other than that you might get lucky and get a top of the range instead from them, that would be a good deal (anything less wouldnt though).

Bad luck it being originally damaged. I wonder how may cars they damaged at the same time!

Slim

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #157 ·
mrlobster said:
I am also waiting for a FE petrol to arrive, i have been told by KIA customer care that the new eta will be april 2011. they have offered 2 years servicing and will be covering the additional vat increase. i work in the motor trade and after having experienced the very long delay on the new jaguar xj these things do happen to most manufacturerson some new models.the most frustrating thing for me is not knowing this before comitting to buy a new sportage, i have personally never brought a new car so this has really taken the shine off the experience for me and my family. my wife has set her heart on thisvehicle but as the months go by my head isgiving me doubts as to wether or not i really want to wait for this car or go to a different manufacturer. i have never owned a kia before and maybe this is a bit of a sign......???

good luck to anyone else out there waiting.

I would certainly be pushing them for moreas 2 years serviciing is only a few hundred pounds in value.

Under normal circumstances I too would probably have gone elsewhere however the FE's are/were a great deal in terms of spec for price and thus its' probably still worth waiting for.

Mine's been great in the recent snow.

Slim

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #159 ·
mrlobster said:
Thanks Slim,

Is your FE petrol or diesel? if petrol what sort of mpg are you getting? i am looking forward to the car arriving but it would have been nice to have been informed by kia rather than having to chase the dealer and kiaas well.

the wait continues............

Diesel, and pulling reliably 34mpg (some way short of the 47mpg but I dont drive like I'm dead!).

I do a 50/50 mix of motorway/city driving. If I reset the mpg counter around town/just nipping local etc it wont climb above 30mpg!.

Still it's better than my old petrol Mazda 6.

Slim

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #163 ·
Ooo the old 'buy a 20k car and dont get 10 quid mats scenario'.

You should have told them there and then to put mats in the thing!.

I wouldnt have drove mine away without them thats for sure. Suspect you might have missed that boat now. Dealers generally throw them in when pushed to.

Slim

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.