Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Me (see my other thread) ;-)

I hadn't heard that *all* dealers are expecting to have delivered all orders by the end of sept, although my dealer did tell me that they are still expecting mine to be here this month. Although - still no firm delivery date (which I was sort of expecting by now...)

Still - I know some have been delivered but I've yet to see a single one on the roads (that's not got "TEST DRIVE" in huge writing on the side :)

Jules

·
Registered
70 Posts
Sparky, that is bad luck indeed...

It also made me panic a bit, so I called my dealer earlier. He assured me that they'd been allocated 8, and I was one of the 8 they had been allocated. He also said that as far as he knew, every dealer had now sold its allocation (which is either :-( or :) depending on your point of view I guess)... He also told me (if it's of any interest) that of the 8, 4 were orange, 3 silver, 1 black. If I heard him correctly he said that the silver and black ones were supposed to be arriving this week, with the orange one (mine included) arriving first or 2nd week in October. Still no fixed date though...

Sorry to hear of your woes. Had you paid a deposit? I would ask the dealer to at least try and come to some kind of compromise with you regarding price of a top spec model...

Jules

ps when did you actually order yours (Slim - same question?)? I placed mine on Friday 20th August - some time after launch date... given how many people I saw going through the showroom on that day, I thought they'd sold at least 3 on that morning! But I guess they must have all reconsidered...

·
Registered
70 Posts
hey sparky, that does suck... I've been following the hj thread as well although two things give me hope... 1st the quantities involved seem much higher (only 800 sportages against many thousand ix35s...) and 2nd is that given it seems they were starting to experience difficulties way back in april, all of a sudden the fact kia only committed themselves to 800 sportages seems sort of shrewd. Maybe it was out of necessity rather than being any kind of marketing ploy like we thought...

You never know, you may find an ex demo 1st edition going cheap once the rest of the range starts coming through...

best of luck, Jules

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hey Slim - me too - 4wd is what attracted me to the idea of the car in the first place. I travel through the french alps 4 or 5 times a year (not arduous off roading but enough snow and ice to trouble my SPAM... snow socks to the rescue...).

I think Kia is being clever/lucky in restricting sales of 2l diesel models - I guess they are learning from the ix35 mistakes. What a nightmare that has been for them...

·
Registered
70 Posts
Seasider said:
I'm still waiting for myFE ordered on the 12th Sept for end ofmonth deliverydealer rang on Saturday and confirmed the Car has appeared on his portal and will arrive on the 9th October for a delivery hopefully on the 20th at least its decent of them to give me a date.

WTF? I'm going to have to phone my dealer up... I ordered mine on Aug 20th, a full 3 weeks before yours, and they still won't give me a delivery date :-( Boo hiss!

I'm hoping mine wasn't one of the damaged ones! Although they haven't even confirmed for me that it's got a build date yet. I must be really pissing the dealer off now, I phone them up every few days asking where it is!

Poor show...

·
Registered
70 Posts
Spoke to mine earlier... the salesman that actually sold me my car apparently has left the dealership... they now anticipate that mine should be arriving at the beginning of November!!!! Apparently they only have shipments once a month from Kia. The end of Sep one has happened, and my car was not on it. They reckon it'll arrive on the end of Oct shipment "probably" although no way of confirming it because it's still just showing as "ordered" on the tracker. This is unbelievable! If it's not here by beginning of November that really puts me up a certain creek without a paddle... CRAP.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Does anyone have a phone number for anyone at Kia UK that may be able to help here? The dealer will not give me any escalation path to get an accurate status.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yes, I think I will do that. I just had a call from Kia UK who said that unfortunately mine was also one of the damaged ones so they are having to source a new vehicle.

I can't believe the dealer didn't give me that info directly over the phone.

Fingers crossed Chester still has them...

·
Registered
70 Posts
So besides myself and Sporty - anyone else still waiting on their car arriving? My dealer is still telling me they are hoping for the end of this month, but nothing concrete.

I saw a black FE on the M5 heading south today... looked great... the wait is driving me crazy!

Jules

·
Registered
70 Posts
Ouch.... So all 3 of us that are still waiting have chosen manual and orange. I'm betting that we were all in the batch that was "damaged". There must have been a truck with some orange ones on it somewhere that had a crash or something. Either that or the damaged thing is all a ruse and they ran out of orange paint. My dealer is still telling me they are hoping for "end of the month" for the replacement but to be honest I'll believe it when I see it. Sporty was told end of Nov which is within your 4-6 week lead time... On the plus side the dealer has said they'll lend me a car for next month when I really need one, which is a good enough gesture on their part (I mean, they want to take my money as much as I want to be driving the sportage... and neither's going to happen until it arrives!). But yes, hugely frustrating! Quick question - whereabouts are you geographically? I'm just outside Milton Keynes and I think Sporty said he's up near Liverpool or somewhere like that.

Jules

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hey Cass, as it goes, it was Sporty who's dealer fessed up to his having been damaged. When I ordered my car in August they initially said october delivery, then in early sept they said it should be in by the end of September. It wasn't until I read about the damage story on this forum that I phoned them up (after the end of Sept came and went with no phone call from them...) that they admitted the damage story was true - and even then it was only after kicking up a fuss on Kia's facebook page and then calling customer services and complaining to them too. My name must be dirt at the dealer!

While I'm grateful that they are sorting me out a car I have to say I'm a bit unimpressed that the only information has come from them after I've really had to hassle them on the phone (which I don't really like doing)...

Since all the first editions had/have a sort of unique spec, and I'm assuming full scale production on the "normal" models is now underway, I must confess to being a bit nervous that our cars are going to arrive with something missing or some part of the spec missed off. Maybe this whole experience has left me a bit pessimistic... oh well. Fingers crossed eventually the initially excitement will wake up again when the car arrives!

Jules

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm with you Cass...

I'm trying to be stoic about it. When I first found out about the delay I considered cancelling my order but to be honest, 21k is at the top of my budget (I'm also buying on finance like you) and for the same money there's literally no other car I'd rather drive. OK so we lose the prestige factor of having the car before everyone else, but compared to the same spec 2l diesel in the normal range, we're still quids in, even if I would really like to have the built in sat nav and the sunroof... Xenons and headlight washers I'm not really fussed about - don't have them on my old car and just made sure I kept the car clean. We're still getting a good deal.

But yeah, it'd be nice not to have to chase the dealers for info etc although in reality I don't think we'd have had better luck anywhere else. Reading the honest john forums it seems like a lot of manufacturers have delays with new models, and a lot of dealers have problems keeping their customers informed...

I'm really not sure about asking for compensation... at the end of the day they are lending me a car in November which I'm going to be putting about 3k miles on and taking around Europe, and they're not making me pay for it, so I really can't grumble too much.

So it seems like it's only the 3 of us that are still waiting?!?

·
Registered
70 Posts
We all get told different stories. My dealer only "confirmed" the damage story when I said I'd read on here about one getting damaged. I'm starting to get the impression that if I'd said they'd been stolen, they'd have told me that was true as well.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I simply do not believe anything we've been told so far. From what I know about making cars, including paint dry time etc it takes at absolute most 4 days to build a car from start to finish on a modern production line. It does not take 6 to 8 weeks for a transporter to get from Slovakia to the United Kingdom. Look on a map! If there was a damaged batch, the replacements *should* have been bumped straight to the front of the queue... the fact that they obviously weren't, and given that there are standard models (eg 1.7 non first edition) in stock at several dealers *right now*, tells me that the problem must be some kind of parts shortage. I know that there was an issue with the 2l diesel engines (see Hyundai threads on Honest John's forum) - this is stinking of that.

The bottom line is this... Having ordered in August, and having been told to expect delivery by the end of September, I find it unbelievable that in this day and age, Kia UK aren't able to commit to a specific delivery date for us yet.

·
Registered
70 Posts
God I wish someone from Kia would just acknowledge how much of a pain in the backside this is, and how it has completely and utterly taken every last ounce of pleasure from the prospect of buying this car!

·
Registered
70 Posts
I know they'll get delivered eventually.

But the more time that goes by with no information at all, not even a call back from kia customer services despite me emailing, phoning, harrassing their facebook page... it's just beyond frustrating. It's like "yeah, we've got your deposit money, we know your orders safe and you'll pay us eventually" but noone is willing to stand up and say honestly "this is exactly what has gone wrong, and this is what we're doing to put it right". Yeah accidents happen but as a company if something goes wrong then you damn well try and fix it!

The more times I leave messages for my dealer, the more times I email customer services, the more I wait, the more pissed off I am becoming!

·
Registered
70 Posts
just had a call from Kia customer services. Usual "this has been escalated to the highest possible level" bla bla bla bla - same thing they told me a month ago when I said I wanted to cancel. Apparently they'll have a committed delivery date by the end of play tomorrow. I'm not holding my breath.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.