Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
audioslim said:
'Production of the full line up of the Sportage 2.0 CRDI KX 2 and KX 3 is delayed at present and we have no view of production at this time. '

Interesting, wonder why?. Is it new engine tech in the 1.7 meaning same power/consumption as the 2.0 anyway so their not bothering at present.

That means the first editions are the only ones with 2.0 diesel engines in the UK, good/bad/otherwise as that may be.

Slim

Important to remember that only the 2.0 litre models are available in 4WD. I expect the production line and engine plant are stretched with the early demand. I had a drive in a manual FE and was very impressed with the dynamics and the engine felt very punchy compared with my 2G. However, I do have some issues with the new model - it's not as practical as the 2G - eg the rear seats do not fold flat, the opening rear hatch window has gone and the external mirrors will make the fitting of towing mirrors difficult because of their shape (curved). What really annoys me though is that all the 4WD models come with privacy glass - I can't stand the stuff and the back of the car is dark enough without it with the high belt line. The reversing camera is great though (and essential!).

·
Registered
197 Posts
I was looking at a Hyundai IX35 earlier this week - the dealer was quoting September (2011) for a 2 litre diesel AWD....and that could slip he said! As I guess most of us know, the problem is with the engine production of the 2 litre....apparantly the factory has lots of cars completed minus the engine.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Is there a different service interval for petrol & diesel engines? For the 2G it's every 10k miles petrol & 12.5k miles diesel - strangely though my Carens with the same diesel engine required a service at every 10k...with these intervals, you need to be using top quality oil.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.