Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Nice one, hope you enjoy it when you get it. I still have 3 weeks after that til i get mine

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was hoping for the 30th october on my birthday. oh well i'll cope with 20 november and have a happy birthday. at least you'll have yours before then.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
keep me posted taffy, my dealer told my the container was due to arrive 10/11 november and by the time all paperwork goes through and it's delivered to showroom should be 20 nov. Don't know how true all that is but we'll see, never really trust car dealers !!!!

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
it always takes them a while to chip the barnacles off......fingers crossed its here soon.....(yes!!...im jealous!!!)

·
Registered
276 Posts
Had some bad news 2day, don't look like I'm getting the car on the 12th. Dealer said I'll have it in Novbut will know more on Friday. Our carsare hoprfillyin the same container Lisa.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
taffy, i was thinking that they might be keeping each other company on the same container. Hope you can get a definant date soon. As i said before still don't believe i'll get it on the 20th. I am hoping the dealer is not telling me porkies, as from sat i am going to be car less until my new baby arrives.

·
Registered
71 Posts
When i went to get my new order form for the shaker, the dealer mentioned that the car i originally ordered was due in the uk on the 20th. Hopefully yours isnt in that container as youd have to wait even longer! Fingers crossed you get it on the day they say.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just dropped my mondeo of at dealers and was told there is a huge delay on my11 tempest, but they have assigned me one that is due to arrive in uk 10 nov and was for the showroom. We'll see !!!!!

I am officially now using public transport and my feet.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Hi Lisa,

Phoned my dealer on Wed who told me he'd know more by Fri and would ring back.....he didn't.

Just phoned KIA UK to see if there's a problem and was told the Soul is in high demand which has caused a delay, (supply & demand). I mentioned my order was placed on 12 Aug (12 weeks ago)and people who ordered after me had been given a due date. The lady I spoke to is going to ring me back on Monday. (I am a little worried)

Motability will take a car off the scheme is there are major problems - happened with the C4 & C4 Piccasso. Citroen couldn't supply them on time so one was given a very high deposit to put people off having it and the other was taken off the scheme.

p.s. I'd have kept hold of the car till the new one arrived - their problem, not yours.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Didn't really have on choice on keeping the car, MOT runs out on Monday and the mechanic that does said services condemned it. As much as I would love to have a car i wasn't prepared to pay for fixing old one just to have it for a few weeks. I suppose I could have pushed for a custody car but I can use hubby's car if I have to.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Ahhh right.

C/S from my dealership phoned this afternoon asking if the salesman dealing my case had rung - errrr......no "has he kept you up to date", - errrr........no "he's not rung at all" - only to return my call.

Was told he should have rung me weekly with updates, hahaha.

C/S did confirm there's a delivery due on the 10th
Edited by: Taffy 49

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Looks like they are coming in on the same shipment. Let's both keep our fingers crossed and hopefully we'll get them soon.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Taffy 49 said:
Ahhh right.

C/S from my dealership phoned this afternoon asking if the salesman dealing my case had rung - errrr......no "has he kept you up to date", - errrr........no "he's not rung at all" - only to return my call.

Was told he should have rung me weekly with updates, hahaha.

C/S did confirm there's a delivery due on the 10th
My dealer told me that it takes about 10 days to arrive in the UK to being at the showroom, so 20th should be about right. Hope you get them soon, with a stroke of luck mine will be on the same shipment as well

·
Registered
78 Posts
I heard that container fell off the boat and is on it's way back to Korea! lol Enjoy when it comes
Edited by: Foxy

1 - 20 of 35 Posts